the free agent frenzy 2021 - a thread to discuss what teams with money are doing with it

FinneasGage

how many big splsahes gute gonna make today  

25 members have voted

1. 1. how many

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Why restructure Rodgers until you have agreements in place? 

We didn't move Jordy until we had a commitment from Graham. We didn't cut Perry until we had Z and Preston.

Cuts are easier to do.  Restructure/ extension requires the player to comply when the deal is needed.  Waiting to make those moves until it is needed gives the player more leverage in the procesd.

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

Didn't people think Woodson was done when he joined us. He got very little interest in FA. We all know what happened afterwards.

No reason why Peterson cannot do the same. As far as I can tell he has been largely injury free in his career so he hasn't got anything to really hold him back.

if you google you will find great Woodson stories about coming to the Packers. One involved Rodgers welcoming him and calling him Chuck. Woodson was not impressed

Just now, packfanfb said:

Hasn't been great, but neither was Rhodes his last few years in Minny. Then, suddenly, changed teams and was good. You never know. 

There's one thing I know for sure...

Davante's going to put him through the spin cycle both matchups.

If the Packers truly intend on upgrading at CB through FA, I still think the 'best fit/upgrade" would be Malcolm Butler. Had a pretty solid coverage grade last season (75.8 PFF) which put him about 15th in the league. Can play man and zone and isn't "too" old at 31. Connection with MLF as well. He's probably my No. 1 option for now. 

If not him, I'd probably lean Rhodes as my No. 2, but he's much more of a stop-gap option. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If the Packers truly intend on upgrading at CB through FA, I still think the 'best fit/upgrade" would be Malcolm Butler. Had a pretty solid coverage grade last season (75.8 PFF) which put him about 15th in the league. Can play man and zone and isn't "too" old at 31. Connection with MLF as well. He's probably my No. 1 option for now. 

If not him, I'd probably lean Rhodes as my No. 2, but he's much more of a stop-gap option. 

I think Quinton Dunbar is another good option as is KK

40 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Cuts are easier to do.  Restructure/ extension requires the player to comply when the deal is needed.  Waiting to make those moves until it is needed gives the player more leverage in the procesd.

I don't think we need to worry about this with Rodgers or Adams.