the free agent frenzy 2021 - a thread to discuss what teams with money are doing with it

FinneasGage

how many big splsahes gute gonna make today  

25 members have voted

1. 1. how many

13 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Guy is a FA. Wouldn't be a bad pickup for us tbh.

Guy makes the most sense right now.

I had a few names ear marked such as Quinton Jefferson, Chris Wormley, Larry Ogunjobi and Hassan Ridgeway but they are all gone.

At worst thought we would bring Montraveous Adams back. Instead it's looking likely we might bring back Lancaster who I don't rate at all. If we don't then we are officially in trouble depth-wise.

Clark, Keke and Lowry will form the base. I think we like Previlon alot. That's 4. There's a couple of other guys and i'm sure we will draft a DL. At the end of the day we only need about 5 for the final 53.

Edited by Chili

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Belichick signing Adams means Montravios is about to find himself a nice niche role and make us all upset about missing out on his potential.

The reason will be, of course, that Belichick is the best.

It's Khyri Thornton all over again!

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Belichick signing Adams means Montravios is about to find himself a nice niche role and make us all upset about missing out on his potential. The reason will be, of course, that Belichick is the best.

He'll be sidelined by injury before half the season's gone.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chili said:

..Clark, Keke and Lowry will form the base. I think we like Previlon alot. That's 4. There's a couple of other guys and i'm sure we will draft a DL. At the end of the day we only need about 5 for the final 53.

Chili, what is your understanding of what they like about Previlon?  Roster lists him at 287.  My recall was that his college profile was as a run tackler, not a sackster.  But he doesn't seem to have run-stuffer size?   (Before a couple of summers of body-building, of course, so maybe he's 315 and plenty strong by now...). 

it will kill the board I'm sure, but you may be right that they settle for drafting a guy, signing a thrifty guy (or two), and accepting that group as it is?  

In some late games, including Tampa and Tennessee, they were fine to run-stuff when they schemed to do so.  So perhaps Gute and Barry are OK to accept the DL being kinda weak again, hope they can scheme around it a little better, and let it be.  And hope they can draft a guy who makes a difference.  

Resign King; apply first three picks in whatever order to CB, DL, and OL; and hope for the best?  

Leaves Fournette, Lindsay, Connor and Davis as the best remaining RBs on the market.

Whilst on the topic of RBs I know lots of people would like to see us sign Patterson but you can get the same sort of player half price in Ervin. ST is being increasingly devalued so paying alot of money doesn't make a ton of sense here.

1 minute ago, Chili said:
Whilst on the topic of RBs I know lots of people would like to see us sign Patterson but you can get the same sort of player half price in Ervin. ST is being increasingly devalued so paying alot of money doesn't make a ton of sense here.

Patterson is a far stouter a player than Ervin will ever be and while I'd like to have the player, I'm pretty sure his price tag will be paid by someone other than Green Bay.