the free agent frenzy 2021 - a thread to discuss what teams with money are doing with it

FinneasGage

how many big splsahes gute gonna make today  

25 members have voted

1. 1. how many

29 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

The GB FO is conservative kicking the cap down the road will result in dead cap at some point plain and simple. I just don't think they want it and will do it. They have lots of cash stashed away, but at the same time they don't have an idiot owner who is ok with millions of dead cap every year. GB just doesn't run that way or they haven't in well over a decade. I mean the last bad cap hit was what Perry and no one sniffed him after we cut him. 

I get that.  Measured risk is not a bad thing.

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

Isn't that probably his best bet to cash in big? Stay with the team that he knows already? 

Logically yes.

He should've cashed in big with Rothlisberger throwing to him but it didn't happen. What makes us think it will change with another year with him?

I think his best bet is to find a team with an elite QB. Kansas and the Packers are looking for a #2 WR. Use the elite QB play to propel him to a big contract.

53 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

In a year where the cap dropped by what 15 mil? If the #1 team in the NFC retains 21 of 22 starters, that's an exceptional offseason and easily puts us right there with Tampa (who has yet to add 1 outside FA).

That's the glossy shiny way to put it. Something like that will end up on Packers.com. Scratch the surface, and there are significant  issues at some premium spots

Just now, Chili said:

Absolutely no chance we can get Kyle Fuller. 😄

Why? If he signs a multi-year deal you could basically pay him nothing this season. 

We need to drop this whole "we cant afford anyone" bit. It's a fallacy. If GB wants Fuller they can sign Fuller.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Why? If he signs a multi-year deal you could basically pay him nothing this season. 

We need to drop this whole "we cant afford anyone" bit. It's a fallacy. If GB wants Fuller they can sign Fuller.

I'm with you this time!  Let's just ******* do it!  

4 minutes ago, cannondale said:

That's the glossy shiny way to put it. Something like that will end up on Packers.com. Scratch the surface, and there are significant  issues at some premium spots

Lol we're 26-6 in our last 32....OK buddy.

Every NFL team has some issues, that's why it isn't MLB or the NBA, it's actually a toss-up who wins it all.

• Like 3