Browns sign S John Johnson

RaidersAreOne

33 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Johnson, Delpit and Harrison sounds like such a huge improvement over Sendejo and Joseph.

Yeah I love that we don’t have to rush Delpit back now. 

if he comes back strong we can let Ronnie go next year. If not than we resign Ronnie and look to get another safety. 

5 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Joe woods prefers to run a base Nickel package with 3 safeties.  If Delpit is back and everyone is healthy this will allow him to actually run his scheme and make the D much better.

Definitely. I'm a big fan of this signing and give our front office an A+ for the caliber of player, person, leader, age/upside, provides flexibility for 2-3 safeties in case Delpit or Harrison are injured. We get Johnson on a reasonable deal that that we can get out of after year two if need be.

I agree about Woods and want to see what he can do with some more talent on defense. 

Welcome back.

20 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Kinda cancels out the idea of JOK. Now I wonder what their main target will be in the draft since I was hoping for him

Not necessarily. We have 1 above average LB/S now with Harrison. We still need a LBer. I am so bullish on JOK that I’d play him inside or outside and be happy. That said, gimme a non-LBer unless the board dictates that he’s far and away BPA. 

16 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Yeah I love that we don’t have to rush Delpit back now. 

if he comes back strong we can let Ronnie go next year. If not than we resign Ronnie and look to get another safety. 

Why on earth would you look to create a new problem at a position that we just fixed?  We need 3 starting safeties in this system.