Chargers sign C Corey Linsley (5 years, $62.5M)

RaidersAreOne

Just now, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

is he good enough to be the highest paid center?

i thought he was kind of up there in age

He's definitely good enough.   Always a matter of years / guaranteed $, but a top 3 C IMO.   

This definitely makes it attractive for LAC to bring in Watson as the 1-2 punch with Herbert!

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

He's definitely good enough.   Always a matter of years / guaranteed $, but a top 3 C IMO.   

This definitely makes it attractive for LAC to bring in Watson as the 1-2 punch with Herbert!

I’m concerned about his recent back injuries from last season. Otherwise I’m super happy. This could totally backfire on us based on recent history.

The talk about FA's losing $ this year is real - but not if you're elite, and the top of your class.    Good for Linsley.

These moves can always backfire for sure given his age - but this is a move GM Telesco had to make.    He can upgrade LT at 1.13, and then find a G in either Day 2, or FA.   Upgrading 3 spots on the OL would be massive to protect their franchise guy in Herbert, and for the O long-term.   

Getting rid of HC Lynn's all-time worst game management, upgrading the OL - man, Chargers set to bounce back strong for 2021.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

You guys are getting a great player and a great person.  He's a leader.  He's played at a high level ever since he was drafted.  Never been in trouble.

He is starting to have his black flare up on him, so there is a little caution there.

I'm going to happily take the comp pick, but I will be sad that he is no longer a Packer.  He was a great one.

• Like 1