2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

He’ll be ok. It wasn’t like he was a high flyer. He’s a skilled scorer. 

Leg injuries like that impact more than general athleticism. They are constant, nearly unending pain. If there's significant ligament damage he might not be able to ever plant with that leg anymore.

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

it's not really armchair doctoring when you've personally had a similar injury.

Ok. We still don't know what it is, what the timetable. And you're comparing yourself to the highest calibre of Athletes. I understand  insight given experience but we're just speculating at best which is what people tend to with injuries. 

7 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Leg injuries like that impact more than general athleticism. They are constant, nearly unending pain. If there's significant ligament damage he might not be able to ever plant with that leg anymore.

Yeah, I mean, as I noted to CWood, my injury (which was a really long diagnosis, but effectively amounted to dislocating the ankle, a green-stick break of the fibia, and about a dozen distended or hyper-extended ligaments) took 9 months to rehab after surgery, left me extremely prone to reinjury (which happened and resulted in another surgery), and forced me to literally change my game (in collegiate soccer I had to make a position change because it made hard change-in-direction cuts while moving forward feel really, really insecure).  If Hayward's injury is at all similar, I can see where all those after-effects would impact a basketball player.

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

Ok. We still don't know what it is, what the timetable. And you're comparing yourself to the highest calibre of Athletes. I understand  insight given experience but we're just speculating at best which is what people tend to with injuries. 

Alright. I'll keep my insight to myself.

2 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

People are allowed to speculate.  I personally appreciate hearing anything on it right now.  It'd be easier for you to ignore it than the entire forum to bend to your personal needs.

Do you what you want? I can err my annoyance. And you can annoy that if it suits you. 

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

Do you what you want? I can err my annoyance. And you can annoy that if it suits you. 

I'll just say that there's really no harm in giving concerned Celtics fans as much information as possible. 

Archived