2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

15 hours ago, Dan_Bali said:

Lakers aren't making the playoffs in the West.  

Ingram and Kuzma look good and Walton has got them playing defense.

The problem they've got is that there are teams in the West who are just plain better that didn't even make the playoffs last year.  The likes of the Timberwolves and Pelicans have genuine top, top players on their roster and they couldn't even get the 8th seed last year.

I wasn't trying to imply that the I thought the Lakers were going to make the playoffs.  Hell, if they're even close to sniffing the playoffs I'd consider it a wild success.  I'm not going to beat an old drum, but nothing in the Western Conference has really surprised me thus far.  Maybe Minnesota getting off to a hot start.

9 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

They've looked better than I've expected but I expect them to drop.  It appears they will be ahead of the Mavs, Kings, Suns, Bulls, Hawks.  I think Cavs, Bucks, and Heat will all end up with a better record and OKC/DEN should as well.  Knicks, Hornets are pretty mediocre but in the East will pick up some easy wins.   Pelicans IMO are about the same.

Trying to be realistically hopeful, hoping Lakers fall to #6 in the lottery and get #3-5

Realistically, if the Lakers stay in that 8-12 range then it's a good year.  That makes them look very competitive in their pursuit of LeBron/PG13.  Like you said, they should be clearly better than the Kings, Mavericks, Suns, Bulls, and Hawks.  Those teams just aren't very good.  Honestly, I don't really have the love for the Heat you do, but playing in the Heat helps.  And I'm not buying the Knicks early success either.

9 hours ago, El ramster said:

That's some Brandon Ingram type of BS.

Out of the 87 players in the NBA who have taken at least 100 shots this season. Ball is last in FG% - .299, eFG% - .346, TS% - .359.

And yet he's still averaging 6 RPG and 7 APG.  Imagine if those shooting averages creep close to league average?

9 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Lebron needs to stay east. Going west would make it harder for him to go to the finals.

if he strictly cared about winning, joining giannis here in milwaukee would be incredible. think we'd have a legit shot at the warriors if we surrounded lebron and giannis with shooters.

won't happen, but would be a ton of fun.

2 hours ago, IrishGreen said:

if he strictly cared about winning, joining giannis here in milwaukee would be incredible. think we'd have a legit shot at the warriors if we surrounded lebron and giannis with shooters.

won't happen, but would be a ton of fun.

It would be incredibly smart of him, but I highly doubt he'd join a team where he won't even be the clear best player on the team.

Archived