2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

I don't give Boston credit basically ever and I don't believe any even big regular season wins are indicative of anything especially in November however not just the fact that Boston won but the way they won playing the style they wanted to play was rather impressive. Boston has played GS extremely well the past few seasons they have an elite coach and great system with a lot of young and talented players. Keeping GS under 100 points takes a herculean effort no matter how it's done. I doubt Boston would have been able to win that 118-112 game GS probably wanted and I don't believe Boston will be in the finals this year and that even if they were they'd be able to play GS like that for 4-7 games. So let's relax a bit but this is one of the most impressive November wins (that may sound like a shot but it's not). It's just a good win for them right now. 

2 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Also I don't want to insult any of the Suns fans because I love all those guys but why in the hell were they on TNT? 

ORL hasn't had a nationally televised game in over 3 years now. not that they warrant it, but that seems excessive. 

2 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Also I don't want to insult any of the Suns fans because I love all those guys but why in the hell were they on TNT? 

long season, I think most teams get on TNT over the season. Plus there was only two games on today, so I'm guessing that was their only option.

12 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

long season, I think most teams get on TNT over the season. Plus there was only two games on today, so I'm guessing that was their only option.

I think that could have been tweaked it's not like they were like oh crap only two games today I guess we will have to do this that way I was more so under the impression that the schedule was made around the nationally televised games not being forced into playing it. 

As for most teams get getting a couple of nationally televised games...

14 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

ORL hasn't had a nationally televised game in over 3 years now. not that they warrant it, but that seems excessive. 

Also Now I will say I can't recall Toronto having a game on TNT in a long long time and I think maybe the ESPN games they have gotten were flexed they are normally placed on NBATV. I'm guessing it's because of ratings and being the only Canadian team but what if PHX-HOU was moved to the Tuesday and TOR-HOU got tonight's game would that game really get less ratings than this one did despite one team being Canadian?

I know the popular teams get the most games on national TV and that won't change but this can be tweaked can it not? I'm in favour of all teams having at least 1 or 2 nationally televised games but if there are okay to good teams with 0-2 games and some downright bad teams with 5+ games that doesn't make sense. 

Archived