Bears in on Golladay?

beardown3231

if you can get Golladay for 12-14/year on a multi-year deal, then move Arob for at least a 3rd, that's a huge win. yes, kenny has a little bit more of an injury history, but the overall difference between the two players, coupled with the $ difference should lean towards kenny. also, getting back at least a 3rd round pick would be beneficial in our attempt to replace players that may get cut due to the cap

the largest WR contract for a FA in the last 5 years or so was watkins getting 3/48, followed by arob getting 3/42. the list goes on and on. if we can get kenny for a deal similar to corey davis with the jets, i'd be happy with that. i'd love to keep arob, but sometimes the business side makes things difficult, and unfortunately i think because of the pandemic we won't be able to keep arob. would love to be proven wrong though. however, i think WR is a position where you can get by with 2 #2's instead of a true #1, so long as you aren't paying #1 prices for a #2

• Like 1

Just now, beardown3231 said:

It's being reported that Golladay only wants 1-2 years so he can test the market again soon when (ideally for him) the WR market improves

Makes plenty of sense. Also why Robinson accepted his tag. He was not getting anywhere near that in the market or probably anywhere near the extension money he turned down. 

Golladay/Robinson/Mooney would be a great trio but at the end of the day Andy Dalton is throwing the ball and we still have holes on the OL, a geriatric Jimmy G and a sophomore Kmet. Any money we have for Golladay should have gone to Reilly Reiff. However, Chicago doesn't seem like the most appealing destination for free agents. These players aren't stupid. Why come play for a regime who should be on the way out?

1 minute ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Golladay/Robinson/Mooney would be a great trio but at the end of the day Andy Dalton is throwing the ball and we still have holes on the OL, a geriatric Jimmy G and a sophomore Kmet. Any money we have for Golladay should have gone to Reilly Reiff. However, Chicago doesn't seem like the most appealing destination for free agents. These players aren't stupid. Why come play for a regime who should be on the way out?

It's unlikely they keep Robinson after signing Golladay. He's a replacement for ARob.