Raiders re-sign CB Nevin Lawson

RaidersAreOne

It’s a depth signing.... nothing more 

I use to be like this but over time you realize there’s a process to making and deal and often it takes time.

I’d freak out if we didn’t go into FA and one by one signing everyone we wanted quickly.... we want everything to be neat and quick.  It’s why we use Amazon and not go to the mall.  But the reality is the FAs left are trying to get top dollar still and we (hopefully!) playing the waiting game and letting the process play out.  Sherman at 8M might not be a deal that works out in the end but him at 5M does.  These remaining FAs see themselves as the remaining top guys who just haven’t signed yet.... give it a few days or week and they come Around and are willing to agree to deals that are beneficial to both sides.

when you resign your own guy like Lawson it gets us emotional and anxious.... and does the same to a FA we’ve been talking to.  A little negotiation and then you get a deal done.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

CB #1 back on the roster. 

I get he's not everyone's cup of tea and his hands are literally the worst I've ever seen but he can be a really solid slot corner and his tackling is really good and he's not afraid to get his nose dirty. If one of the younger guys can beat him out, great but I wouldn't be nervous if we started him. Ultimately, it'll come down to the pass rush as with as little as we've had no corner will look any good.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

It’s a depth signing.... nothing more 

I use to be like this but over time you realize there’s a process to making and deal and often it takes time.

I’d freak out if we didn’t go into FA and one by one signing everyone we wanted quickly.... we want everything to be neat and quick.  It’s why we use Amazon and not go to the mall.  But the reality is the FAs left are trying to get top dollar still and we (hopefully!) playing the waiting game and letting the process play out.  Sherman at 8M might not be a deal that works out in the end but him at 5M does.  These remaining FAs see themselves as the remaining top guys who just haven’t signed yet.... give it a few days or week and they come Around and are willing to agree to deals that are beneficial to both sides.

when you resign your own guy like Lawson it gets us emotional and anxious.... and does the same to a FA we’ve been talking to.  A little negotiation and then you get a deal done.

Exactly, not really worried about this signing. In theory, a better pass rush should help him. I wanted to upgrade but didn't really want to spend so much on CB with all the draft capital. Lawson is only 5'9 we should play him in the open Slot spot, be a good battle for Amik. Someone Amik could beat out, but Lawson isn't horrible. Move makes sense

43 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I get he's not everyone's cup of tea and his hands are literally the worst I've ever seen but he can be a really solid slot corner and his tackling is really good and he's not afraid to get his nose dirty. If one of the younger guys can beat him out, great but I wouldn't be nervous if we started him. Ultimately, it'll come down to the pass rush as with as little as we've had no corner will look any good.

Starting secondary as of now...

CB1: Mullen

CB2: Arnette

SCB: Lawson

SS: Abram

FS: Heath

58 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I'm happy, everyone else in the forum is sad 😁

Got your boy!

Because I trust your view on players, I was more tuned in to Lawson this season - and while certainly no world beater, he was pretty steady and I am absolutely in agreement that he is a good player to have around. So long as he’s not a starter. He’s a pretty reliable option to call on if needed 

• Like 1