FFMD WAR ROOM: JAGS FANS ONLY PLS

JiffyJag

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Will u screenshot the last two position groups and pm me plz

For some reason it's not loading very well even in the app all of the sudden? I'll keep trying though and send it when possible.

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Will u screenshot the last two position groups and pm me plz

I'm using a desktop computer and it works for me.  I'll send them over to you Khan.  :)

If anyone else wants them, just let me know and I'll shoot them over to you.

Edited by Uncle Buck

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Thoughts on Blaine McElmurry?

I think he’s the best at his position in this Draft, if you know what I mean. I can’t say to much lol

He's intriguing. He's probably at least in the discussion but i think I prefer the other two at this point when also taking into account our needs.

3 hours ago, JiffyJag said:

New tab in the codename page regarding a player that we can potentially acquire via trade

my assumption is that we're probably late to the party on this player, but if we want to discuss what pieces we'd be willing to give up to acquire him, he does now have a codename

Are we interested in/what would we give up for Todd Bouman?

@pwny @.Buzz @Tugboat @KhanYouDigIt @Charles @JaguarCrazy2832 @Uncle Buck

3 hours ago, pwny said:

The price on him is kinda low, from what I've seen. It would wholly depend on the price, but he's a player that I'd find room for on the depth chart. 

Yeah.  Depends on what the price is, but if it's on the low/reasonable side...Todd Bouman is absolutely someone that you make room on the depth chart for.

Obviously would've made a lot more sense before some other moves were made, but ehhh...he's a stud.  I don't think you ever let some "maybe decent ???" stop you from bringing in a difference-maker.  But then, i'm not nearly as high as others when it comes to the "value" or price we paid for the guy i think most are figuring to play that similar "role".  I don't really see the two as even being in the same stratosphere.  So that obviously makes a difference though, if others are that high on the guy we already have.

On 4/1/2021 at 12:14 PM, JiffyJag said:

I don't want to spoil any codenames, but I do still intend to draft a 29 year old high character guy out of Eastern Alabama in the 6th 

I think that's vague enough that we're pretty safe with that.

11 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  Depends on what the price is, but if it's on the low/reasonable side...Todd Bouman is absolutely someone that you make room on the depth chart for.

Before our coding for FFMD, I would have bet big money that I would never hear anyone utter those words.  xD

• Like 1

As far as Regan Upshaw goes...i'm kinda with @KhanYouDigIt, in that i'd take Blaine McElmurry over him.  I don't know about best in the draft at his position...tbh, i think both guys ultimately fit at more or less the same position somewhere in between.  Not really overly enamoured with either, but i like McElmurry's energy more, for giving him a chance to be a starter-ish guy.

I could go for Toefield, or even David Garrard.  But if we're going BS i'd actually lean more toward someone like Andrew Carnahan or D'Juan Woods, personally.  Since we're really talking about depth guys/developmental projects anyway, i'd lean more toward that end of the group.

I like Nick Sorensen a lot as a fit for what we could use in a CS.  But i can understand if we want to go a different direction positionally right now.  We've already got some guys there to get by with at least.

I'll have to look more closely at what's still around with UM TB and SL GW types at some point.  Assuming not much with real apparent upside in the latter two at this point, but those are always good spots to keep young players cycling in.

7 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

We’re up in 1 pick

I’m at work so I don’t have my setup in front of me, probably won’t be able to submit our pick until like midnight or 12:30, but if you guys want to look at who has gone recently and where that leaves us

@Uncle Buck @pwny @.Buzz @Tugboat @skaterbirdhouse @KhanYouDigIt @Charles

I agree w/tugboat about being intrigued by Sorenson.

-charles