Andre James signed to extension

oakdb36

15 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Then why comment? I lean pessimistic with this team. They've done nothing right in 2 decades. I will call out homer comments that blindly support things. Saying James will be a stud in 2021 is blind faith based on actual evidence. Could argue the evidence is counter to that position.

Fans who lack objectivity, I comment on. It's that simple. Some can't handle reality and praise every ridiculous thing the organization does when then have no track record of success with 95% of it.

And I'm not over 40... so guess it's still okay

I was saying I don’t really care about the claim that he has another Screen name that got banned.  Whatever happened is long in the past.... I’m talking about this.

First, I’m not trying to attack you.  I didn’t insult or use inflammatory language. also, I thought you were over 40 because of  your comment about “you know your old when .... Samuel, Horn, Surtain’s kids get drafted”. I’m 37 so I figured you were a few years older.

this isn’t about Andre James.... I don’t think he’s going to be a stud either.... and I think @Humble_Beast is very optimistic about a lot of things.... that’s who he is though... god bless him for having hope because we’ve been hopeless for so damn long.  

This is about you just being nasty to him.... and others.   I’m not the thought police trying to say you gotta agree with him or think a certain way.  People disagree and have little spats but continuously going after one person isn’t right.  You can object and prove him wrong or offer a better viewpoint for others to read if you disagree.   But your constantly trying to clown the guy and talk down to him and prove him wrong just to make him look bad.  That isn’t right.... you wouldn’t want it done to you .

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 3/22/2021 at 12:28 PM, Turnobili said:

He must be Jim Otto in practice lol

On 3/22/2021 at 12:30 PM, Turnobili said:

Waller at least played in a few games and produced. 

James just got 3/12.5 with 6 guaranteed, with no track record of competent play in a real game. He’s getting top 15 money.

On 3/22/2021 at 12:33 PM, Turnobili said:

Maybe he turns out to be really good and i gladly eat crow, but this seems irresponsible. 

not even going to pretend this was some grandiose take. seemed really obvious.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Dude is buns

Toasted buns at that. They don't get to use the excuses that he needs time either. He's been with the team. Been a pet project for Cable. They extended his contract and he's proven to be a failure.

They need to admit this mistake sooner than later. He's a liability. He's a turnover risk each week. Can't block in the run or pass concepts consistently. We knew it would be a massive downgrade from Hudson, but James hasn't even shown to be a starting level talent. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Toasted buns at that. They don't get to use the excuses that he needs time either. He's been with the team. Been a pet project for Cable. They extended his contract and he's proven to be a failure.

They need to admit this mistake sooner than later. He's a liability. He's a turnover risk each week. Can't block in the run or pass concepts consistently. We knew it would be a massive downgrade from Hudson, but James hasn't even shown to be a starting level talent. 

You know it's bad when the scouting report on your starting center goes something like...

PROS

Is a healthy body. 

Probably a nice guy. 

CONS

Can't pass block

Can't run block

Can't reliably get the shotgun snap to the QB with any degree of regularity. 

Is small even for the position. Yet has considerably less functional athleticism for centers around the league.

Is somehow both overpaid on an extension and yet woefully inexperienced. 

Nothing to say he's exceptional at calling out blocking assignments. 

The worst player on a shaky at best OL this year. 

Yeah. I'm usually a glass half full type of guy when it comes to the Raiders. But they blew this one. And I would actually commend them if they don't compound the problem and stick with the mistake for prides sake. Martin obviously isn't an all pro. But he's been a starting center for a long time. Even if he is as bad in both pass protection and run blocking, I guarantee the errant snaps we have seen regularly throughout the season will be gone.

To your last sentence BP, not only has he not shown to be a starting level player, I'm not sure he looks to be the best backup caliber center we have on the roster if you include the practice squad. Morrissey looked solid from what I remember watching in the preseason. And yes, I know preseason is a whole different world than the regular season. But he has more experience than James when it comes to actual experience at the center position IN game at the college level than James ever had, and James prior to this season had virtually zero NFL experience at center to make up that gap. And Morrissey at least got the snap on target when he was asked to. Unless I am missing a botch job or two in the preseason. He actually started as the out of nowhere to starter we pegged James to be, walking on to Pittsburgh before redshirting his first season, winning the starting job as well as a scholarship as a RS freshman. His sophomore year he returned as the starter and was named 3rd team all conference. And then started 13 games as a Junior where he was named 1st team all conference. His senior year he was named 2nd team all ACC as well as winning the Burlsworth trophy for the best player that began his career as a walk on. College careers obviously don't predict NFL success, but I legitimately would give Martin the job and let Morrissey handle the backup job the rest of the season and see if he, unlike the college tackle turned C and "developed" for years can actually progress as a center and take the starting spot long term as opposed to continuing the failed Andre James experiment. 

Edited by Mr Raider
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

His replacement (homer, I know):  

I didn’t want to post this because I’m trying to be positive.lol... but in truth, so far he’s been positively baaaad!! It’s a shame gruden is horrible about admitting mistakes it seems, cuz I’d definitely put Martin in. He may not be any better as a run blocker (although I don’t believe he could be worse at this point.lol) he’s already proven himself a waaay superior pass blocker in this league ( for several seasons)!! And yes, I thought morissey looked scrappy, hungry and like a hard worker! James will get carr killed at this pace ( missing blocks or snaps! Either one!)