Andre James signed to extension

oakdb36

7 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

If gruden built a good team or we was winning, moves like this wouldn't get criticize as much. But he isn't. So there is a pattern of moves that really don't make sense. This is right there with the nassib deal. It's it really wrong for fans to want a competent front office that make smart and sensible moves. 

I'm the last one who would have said a week ago we should give james this contract (or give zay jones 3 mio guaranteed btw).

But in last years fa we gave mariota, kwiat, littleton, heath, collins, witten and nassib over $100 mio in contracts.

We have done exactly the opposite this free agency with just one big contract handed out. 

And now we have a guy we have worked with for a couple of years, so a guy we now should know his character and what he can and cannot do,  and we give him a whopping 6 mio guaranteed over a 3 year time frame. And within an hour its a 7 pager.  

I'm not putting my head in the sand, this has been a disfunctional organization for as long as i can remember. So sure chances are high we messed this one up as well. 

Having said that, I think we can survive the few mio hit if/when James flops, and i'll be rooting for him to be a succes.

• Like 2

I got a stupid question, have we only signed "draft" and developed guys to a second contract that we picked up as UDFA since Gabe/Carr from 2014? Jalen Richard and now Andre James, pretty sure no one we've drafted other than them has made a second contract/extension. Kolton could fix that soon though I guess, just kinda embarrassingly bad team building shown.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Who cares? There was zero reason to extend him. None. It's bad business no matter the contract. You control him for 2 years. Let him earn it first.

ABSOLUTELY. That’s my problem that I have with it is that it’s actually not good from a business standpoint to pay somebody were you don’t know what they’re going to do. So no matter what for all intensive purposes, it’s a gamble.

All I’m saying is if they’re right(and they better be) A year from now this is gonna look like a very good move. 

14 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Something to think about: Last year we Had almost 50M Invested in the offensive line this year(Including if we have a first round rookie RT) we'll have invested around 10M in the offensive line

Dont forget a massive cap hit for hudson and jackson. Next year it is correct

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

I got a stupid question, have we only signed "draft" and developed guys to a second contract that we picked up as UDFA since Gabe/Carr from 2014? Jalen Richard and now Andre James, pretty sure no one we've drafted other than them has made a second contract/extension. Kolton could fix that soon though I guess, just kinda embarrassingly bad team building shown.

When’s kolton due for a new contract? Are these moves to make sure he’s the highest paid lt?

From what I have seen this team is one of the worst at budgeting.  We seem to spend an extra million here and there when we do not have to and then say we do not have enough for top talent.  We keep giving out small contracts that are slightly above what should be given and we are not adding players that can make the team better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

ABSOLUTELY. That’s my problem that I have with it is that it’s actually not good from a business standpoint to pay somebody were you don’t know what they’re going to do. So no matter what for all intensive purposes, it’s a gamble.

All I’m saying is if they’re right(and they better be) A year from now this is gonna look like a very good move. 

When are they ever right?