Andre James signed to extension

oakdb36

10 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Good thing about this is we will find out soon enough. Cable been the one coach aside from the TE coach who left to actually trust in development of young players so we’ll see 

I'm sure he did look good in practice blocking great DT's such as PJ Hall, Mo Hurst, and Kendall Vickers. Just like Dallin Leavitt looked like Eric Weddle 2.0 covering Zay Jones, Trevor Davis, and Marcell Ateman at practice. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

With his extension he's the 19th highest paid center in the league going into the season. He'd have to play at a Pro Bowl / All-Pro level to get significantly more than 4.25M APY. 

There are 13 C making 9/Y or more, they obviously aren't all ALL PRO/pro bowl guys. More than double his salary would be significant.

3 minutes ago, Dessie said:

I actually think it makes sense to re-sign now if they are that convinced he’s going to be a capable starter, get him signed up to a reasonable deal which will aid us down the line. 

I’m intrigued as to what Martin got though, cos surely he is the backup now? 

No number on Martin at this point.

this is just incredibly unnecessary at this point in the process before he's taking consistent reps with the 1's in camp or seeing him play even adequately well in a real game scenario. he was going to be RFA after the season anyway. could have just slapped a second round tender on him and kept him cheaper anyway. 

Edited by Turnobili
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

But for them to have this much faith in the guy means he showed out in partice now just have to see it on game day 

Coming from the same guys who gushed over Collins as well as chose Harris and Leavitt over Joyner when we needed a FS.....that isn't very comforting 

38 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

There are 13 C making 9/Y or more, they obviously aren't all ALL PRO/pro bowl guys. More than double his salary would be significant.

I think it's highly unlikely that he plays so well this season that he more than doubles his value from $4.25M APY to over $9M APY. Either way though when we signed Darren Waller to his extension we did so in October after seeing he could be a Pro-Bowl level player. Why sign James now when he has 1 NFL start and only 116 snaps in his career? When you could've seen how he played in the preseason and the first few weeks of the season and given him a similar extension. Even if it was $1M or $2M more, I'd rather pay $5M-$6M APY to a guy that I've seen play well than $4M to an unknown. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Coming from the same guys who gushed over Collins as well as chose Harris and Leavitt over Joyner when we needed a FS.....that isn't very comforting 

We also heard that Bryan Edwards was the best player in training camp last season and he played less than Zay Jones, lol. 

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Tom is part of the staff...a staff with a suspect history of identifying true talent, which unless we're only going by recency bias, Cable is also guilty of. 

Cable has also been the only coach to show he can coach these guys up(TE coach as well but he left) His biggest fail and only fail with the Raiders has been Parker and hey can’t always hit a home run.