Dolphins trade 3rd overall pick to SF

JiffyJag

Personally, I can't get over the fact that a bunch of people tried to tell me as recently as February that "Justin Fields would be the first overall pick in any other year!" and now he looks to be no better than QB3 or 4 in his own draft class behind guys like Zach Wilson and Trey Lance. LOL.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Personally, I can't get over the fact that a bunch of people tried to tell me as recently as February that "Justin Fields would be the first overall pick in any other year!" and now he looks to be no better than QB3 or 4 in his own draft class behind guys like Zach Wilson and Trey Lance. LOL.

i mean hes better than Dwayne Haskins bro

35 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I can see what you're saying, but at the same time, people have to remember that trade negotiations aren't always just a 2-party situation.  If the Niners can find two potential suitors for Jimmy G., they can play each one off of the other to drive up his trade value.  As valuable as quarterbacks have become these days, I could certainly see that happening.

But Jimmy G would also have to play at a pretty high level this year to have significant trade value. Alex Smith was traded to Kanas City for a 2nd round pick and then after two consecutive Pro Bowl seasons was traded to Washington for a 3rd and Fuller. Nick Foles was traded to Chicago for a 4th round pick. Ryan Tannehill was traded to Tennessee for a 4th round pick as well. 

So unless Jimmy plays very well the 49ers probably won't get a huge haul for him and if he gets hurt/doesn't start they'll probably cut him and lose without getting any return. 

Especially with guys like Foles, Winston, Newton, Brissett, Mariota, Taylor, Tribusky, and Darnold likely hitting the free agency market next offseason. 

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

Talk about a low bar to surpass.

lol im just poking fun

Fields is probably the 3rd best prospect behind Lawrence and Wilson but Lance has so much potential that everyone is gushing over

idk im not sold on Fields so i wouldnt take him personally but you never know with these QBs 

he could be the best one here but again i dont see it, he's athletic and tough but not very accurate 

Just now, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

lol im just poking fun

Fields is probably the 3rd best prospect behind Lawrence and Wilson but Lance has so much potential that everyone is gushing over

idk im not sold on Fields so i wouldnt take him personally but you never know with these QBs 

he could be the best one here but again i dont see it, he's athletic and tough but not very accurate 

So this is where my bias as a niner fan with Shanny comes into play. In Shanny's system, I think Fields is an absolute stud. If you were to pull him out of that system and put him somewhere else? Say, Denver (just using that as an example bronco fans)? I wouldn't be as bullish on him. 

I get to view things through the shanny spectrum, which also accounts for why I loathe spending any real capital / assets on running backs lol 

If we do want to go 100000 IQ...Shanny has coached Justin Fields before at the QB collective a few years back. I think that it cuts both ways and there's no reason to just assume that it was a good experience between the two, but there is a personal, previous connection. 

You'll see it pop up on twitter a lot, I'm sure. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

So this is where my bias as a niner fan with Shanny comes into play. In Shanny's system, I think Fields is an absolute stud. If you were to pull him out of that system and put him somewhere else? Say, Denver (just using that as an example bronco fans)? I wouldn't be as bullish on him. 

I get to view things through the shanny spectrum, which also accounts for why I loathe spending any real capital / assets on running backs lol 

I think Fields tops out as a Kaepernick level quarterback, which is startable but below average. Don't think even Shanahan can turn that into consistent Super Bowl contending play.

Just now, Forge said:

ok I can get on board with that

but can you just explain a little bit as to why?

i feel like a more accurate QB like Zach Wilson would be way better in your Offense over Fields