Raiders and Kolton Miller reach a agreement on a 3 year extension

agarcia34

51 minutes ago, Geezy said:

its funny how the Miller pick was probably the most hated pick(myself included) of all time in this forum, now everyone is happy he is getting extended lol 

feels good to take care of some homegrown talent for once, hes still ascending imo and can be a top LT if he continues to get better. 

miller pick was bad but i dont think any pick can be hated more than Cle

This is what I wanted them to do with Mack.  Could have given him an extension well before Donald and probably could have signed him to a $16-18 APY after 2016.   Happy to see we got it right on this one.  Happy to see I was wrong about Miller.  Still wish we would have drafted Orlando Brown or used Miller at RT and Parker at LT.  The line would have been better and we would not have wasted money on Trent Brown.

• Like 1

Just now, drfrey13 said:

This is what I wanted them to do with Mack.  Could have given him an extension well before Donald and probably could have signed him to a $16-18 APY after 2016.   Happy to see we got it right on this one.  Happy to see I was wrong about Miller.  Still wish we would have drafted Orlando Brown or used Miller at RT and Parker at LT.  The line would have been better and we would not have wasted money on Trent Brown.

I want to see what happens with Parker. Cable says he has a chance to start it right tackle this year. I find that very interesting especially with the fact that he didn't really play right tackle last year

29 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I think it's crazy how in tune we are on all approving of this extension.  I think I'm high or dreaming or something.

Meh, it's one we've all known was coming once Miller solidified himself. It gets the impending headache out of the way- though I'm almost a bit surprised Miller's side was even at the table right now instead of waiting. 

Don't worry though, in 2 years or so, someone wiill start crowing about how he's too expensive and will want to move on from him while turning a blind eye to the countless bloated contracts we have for scrubs. That much is guaranteed.

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Meh, it's one we've all known was coming once Miller solidified himself. It gets the impending headache out of the way- though I'm almost a bit surprised Miller's side was even at the table right now instead of waiting. 

Don't worry though, in 2 years or so, someone wiill start crowing about how he's too expensive and will want to move on from him while turning a blind eye to the countless bloated contracts we have for scrubs. That much is guaranteed.

Got a remember we believed in his talent to go that high And then stuck with him his rookie year when he looked like a bust. He was probably grateful lol

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I want to see what happens with Parker. Cable says he has a chance to start it right tackle this year. I find that very interesting especially with the fact that he didn't really play right tackle last year

He played LT for a little while and looked like he had what it took to succeed.  Then they moved him to the right side and it was a disaster again.  Cable needs to pull his head out of Gruden's arse and stop trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.  For being a supposed o-line genius he makes a lot of stupid and obvious mistakes.  Now that we signed Miller with a bunch on guaranteed money he will get hurt and we will see that Parker should have been on the left the entire time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

though I'm almost a bit surprised Miller's side was even at the table right now instead of waiting. 

Me too.

But a smart money guy could easily make the point that the Raiders don't need to come up with any real signing bonus for three years, if they don't want to.  You get a big signing bonus now, from a team in a state with no income tax.  That money can be working for you for three years, and in three years, you'll only be two years away from another signing bonus at 30, as opposed to 32 years old, if you wait.  

Great move to secure our Left Tackle. It comes after decimating the O-line but it's exciting all together, especially because he's played well and improved. I was excited when we drafted Kolton Miller, we've had average Left tackles in the past. A three year deal isn't bad either. 

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

He played LT for a little while and looked like he had what it took to succeed.  Then they moved him to the right side and it was a disaster again.  Cable needs to pull his head out of Gruden's arse and stop trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.  For being a supposed o-line genius he makes a lot of stupid and obvious mistakes.  Now that we signed Miller with a bunch on guaranteed money he will get hurt and we will see that Parker should have been on the left the entire time.

Very adequate way of describing Cable as a block head.

I approve.

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Puts him 5th in average per year 

Which isn’t bad at all!!!! Given the fact the extension doesn’t start until the 2023 season.  He’s got this year under the 4 year rookie deal and his 5th year option next year.  By the time his 18m apy deal kicks in there will be another handful of guys getting extensions or new contracts that are at that level.