Raiders extend Kolton Miller

Forge

15 minutes ago, chiefs82 said:

That’s a lot of cheddar. So is it the 3 extension years plus years 4-5 on his rookie deal? 

yeah, it goes through the 2025 season (his 5th year option would have been played out in 2022, so they are adding 2023-2025). i'm curious to see how the money is spread, if this year's number is unchanged, increased, or even decreased as we try to make a play for Hayward/Sherman

Yeah just one of those players who had a terrible rookie season and you thought was gonna be a bust, but made leaps and strides in his second year. He was pretty dang good in both 2019 and 2020. He always struggles with two men in particular, Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram. But for the most part, he’s pretty solid, and has shut down guys like Mack, Miller, Cam Jordan, Myles Garrett, JPP, etc. 

Very satisfied with the money spent. 

On 3/30/2021 at 5:28 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

I am definitely cool with this. Miller had arguably the worst rookie campaign ever at LT but has gotten so much better every single year. I'm perfectly happy to lock up our solid LT.

I have eaten so much crow for the Miller selection.

But you were right about Jihad Ward

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

he gets a big raise this year (we have virtually no cap room left now), gets paid very well next year, then is quite team friendly down the line, provided he keeps doing what he's been doing

why would he agree to that, where are the guarantees what a stupid thing to sign almost to the point it must be missing money and wrong

Don't like getting low on cap but like the contract overall with what's happen this off-season with Oline purge. I'm still drafting two Olinemen and maybe Miller's contract has some trade value down the line if necessary.