FFMD II 2021 - Detroit Lions War Room (Part 2)

TL-TwoWinsAway

3 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Wow guys, knew this would do well with TL but sheesh it's almost like the old days. (Almost...)

I'm just trying to follow along mostly and there's pages!!!! Can I get a recap or something just to know what you guys got going on? I don't wanna spend 30 mins reading... 

Even if it's just a PM.

Good job fellas.

Nothing significant has happened.  We have debated who to pick here.  Have decided on 46.  Have a trade in place to use 2 3rds to move up and draft #9 at pick 43.  If 9 goes at 42, we likely will just sit tight for now.  

Also there is a potential trade for Mike Hughes.  A 5th for Mike Hughes and a 6th is the discussed trade but havent really to too far with it. 

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

(Pick #41) : After Jeffrey Okudah's sudden and unexpected "trade demands" (something about not wanting to eat kneecaps), and the lack of living, breathing bodies at the position, we knew that we had to address the CB position at some point in the draft. Asante Samuel Jr. was a guy that the Lions' staff had an interest in from the beginning, and the combination of fit and talent makes him a hard prospect to pass on here. He'll join Amani Oruwariye and the electric, dynamic (checks roster)... Mike Ford... to help jumpstart the Lions' defensive rebuild.  

D-0028 ASANTE SAMUEL JR, CB, FLORIDA STATE

LOVE THE "checks roster" hahahahahahaha 

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

(Pick #41) : After Jeffrey Okudah's sudden and unexpected "trade demands" (something about not wanting to eat kneecaps), and the lack of living, breathing bodies at the position, we knew that we had to address the CB position at some point in the draft. Asante Samuel Jr. was a guy that the Lions' staff had an interest in from the beginning, and the combination of fit and talent makes him a hard prospect to pass on here. He'll join Amani Oruwariye and the electric, dynamic (checks roster)... Mike Ford... to help jumpstart the Lions' defensive rebuild.  

D-0028 ASANTE SAMUEL JR, CB, FLORIDA STATE

Samuel-Kneecaps.jpg

Well Done Congratulations GIF by America's Got Talent

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Nothing significant has happened.  We have debated who to pick here.  Have decided on 46.  Have a trade in place to use 2 3rds to move up and draft #9 at pick 43.  If 9 goes at 42, we likely will just sit tight for now.  

Also there is a potential trade for Mike Hughes.  A 5th for Mike Hughes and a 6th is the discussed trade but havent really to too far with it. 

I think 5th is too much with our low amount of picks. I loved him out I want to say UCF but those injuries lack of picks and huge needs makes me not as interested. Can we do a 6th next year?? lol or do a trade dow to aquire a 6th next year and do "2" 6ths next year

1 minute ago, NFL_Fan said:

I think 5th is too much with our low amount of picks. I loved him out I want to say UCF but those injuries lack of picks and huge needs makes me not as interested. Can we do a 6th next year?? lol or do a trade dow to aquire a 6th next year and do "2" 6ths next year

I don't think they want next year picks in a one year simulation.  Its moving down a round, keeping the same number of picks and adding a CB hoping to bounce back.  Would give us decent depth and allow us to still have enough picks. 

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

I don't think they want next year picks in a one year simulation.  Its moving down a round, keeping the same number of picks and adding a CB hoping to bounce back.  Would give us decent depth and allow us to still have enough picks. 

oh we geta 6th??

Guys. Stop. I’m out of reactions for the day. Friggin hilariousness.

@SimbaWho I’m out right now, but I’ll happily send you a quick recap when I get home. 

The next order of business: do we trade our earlier 3rd round picks to the 49ers for Pick #43 and select 9, then draft the best available player at 41’s position with our remaining 3rd round pick?

Vote Totals:

Yes: 1 (NFL_Fan)

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Guys. Stop. I’m out of reactions for the day. Friggin hilariousness.

@SimbaWho I’m out right now, but I’ll happily send you a quick recap when I get home. 

The next order of business: do we trade our earlier 3rd round picks to the 49ers for Pick #43 and select 9, then draft the best available player at 41’s position with our remaining 3rd round pick?

Vote Totals:

Yes: 1 (NFL_Fan)

I'm in, but also the Gianst are trying to move down now.  Maybe see if they take our lower 3rds.  Take the best deal between pick 42 and 43

• Like 2