Browns sign DE Jadeveon Clowney (1 year deal)

RaidersAreOne

It’s all about the very best players in the draft now so that we have someone ready to step up as players leave over the next few years now.  Ideally guys that we drafted last year will be ready to step in next year for players like Jackson, Tretter, and OBJ next year.  Guys that we draft this year will be able to step in over the next 2 years for guys like Clowney, Hunt (as Hunt will replace Chubb), Harrison, and Hill.

We are now a powerhouse, we are tapped out on money.  This year we need the trophy, if Berry can hit home runs in the draft to keep replenishing the roster then we are becoming a dynasty.

Edited by DizzyDean

4 hours ago, bruceb said:

This is nice.

We already substantially fortified the D.

Now it's about acquiring in the draft (or UDFA) or through trade 2-3 players that can contribute now, and depth.

Are you ok your being nice.

Or did you get the Covid vaccine 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

No system can win with a 10 yard off secondary. I don’t care who the players are. I know woods wants to be the 49ers but he’s not salah. Salah was a great defensive mind and an incredible leader for the 49ers defense. 

But is that his system or was that what he had to do because we got destroyed by injuries? 

8 hours ago, buno67 said:

what talent last year had the ability to do what you wanted? only talent was Ward. 

there was no scheme woods could have ran last year thst would have stopped our LBs from being bad and our secondary being completely depleted by injuries. you add the only consistent threat on the DL was Garrett and he was hampered by covid.

lets see what wood does this year. this year he has no excuses, especially if they got corner in the 1st

I’m not sure how this isn’t the universal response by Browns fans when it comes to Woods.

Especially when he’s been pretty transparent about wanting to run a lot on 4-2-5 and 4-1-6 packages on defense and we had hot arse at corner and worse at safety.

Like, we already added 2 starters, and we’re hopefully getting 2 back from injury, and I still wouldn’t be shocked if we drafted 2-3 more DB’s in a couple weeks.