Browns sign DE Jadeveon Clowney (1 year deal)

RaidersAreOne

12 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I want to see 45 sacks min from our defense. 

I don’t care about actual sack numbers. I just don’t want to blow or almost blow leads anymore because of our defense. QBs are going to be throwing the ball a lot quicker now against us. So we won’t see a crazy amount of sacks. But we will see a lot of short passes like we did last year when our safeties and LBs got treated like high schoolers. But now we should at least have the safeties to help with that. I’d also drop clowney into coverage a few times a game. He’s been pretty good at that when he does it. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t care about actual sack numbers. I just don’t want to blow or almost blow leads anymore because of our defense. QBs are going to be throwing the ball a lot quicker now against us. So we won’t see a crazy amount of sacks. But we will see a lot of short passes like we did last year when our safeties and LBs got treated like high schoolers. But now we should at least have the safeties to help with that. I’d also drop clowney into coverage a few times a game. He’s been pretty good at that when he does it. 

I don’t know.  Hard to throw quicker when the secondary can be a sticky wet blanket in coverage.  It’s very complimentary.  The QB will need to hold the ball longer for someone to get open, but can’t hold it longer due to a good pass rush.

What I look for if he or takk can thrive is more INTs from forced throws due to the pressure.

20 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

I don’t know.  Hard to throw quicker when the secondary can be a sticky wet blanket in coverage.  It’s very complimentary.  The QB will need to hold the ball longer for someone to get open, but can’t hold it longer due to a good pass rush.

What I look for if he or takk can thrive is more INTs from forced throws due to the pressure.

I still don’t trust woods. He played them 10 yards off with the softest zone ever. The talent has the ability to be great but he’s holding them back with his terrible scheme. 

6 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

Yeah, we spent every penny, I think.  That's why the speculation about Richardson (or someone) having to restructure.

Not a bold prediction, but 2 of our 1st 4 picks will be CB's.

Our first pick is pretty much guaranteed to be a corner now. 

56 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I still don’t trust woods. He played them 10 yards off with the softest zone ever. The talent has the ability to be great but he’s holding them back with his terrible scheme. 

Woods did not have the players to run the system that he wanted to last year.

this year he does barring injuries.  Picture 9ers D the year that they went to the Super Bowl.  That is similar to what woods wants to run.  We have the players now.  2 one overall picks and another round one pick in the DLine and what should be a crazy versatile secondary that is very good.

5 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Woods did not have the players to run the system that he wanted to last year.

this year he does barring injuries.  Picture 9ers D the year that they went to the Super Bowl.  That is similar to what woods wants to run.  We have the players now.  2 one overall picks and another round one pick in the DLine and what should be a crazy versatile secondary that is very good.

No system can win with a 10 yard off secondary. I don’t care who the players are. I know woods wants to be the 49ers but he’s not salah. Salah was a great defensive mind and an incredible leader for the 49ers defense. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

what talent last year had the ability to do what you wanted? only talent was Ward. 

there was no scheme woods could have ran last year thst would have stopped our LBs from being bad and our secondary being completely depleted by injuries. you add the only consistent threat on the DL was Garrett and he was hampered by covid.

lets see what wood does this year. this year he has no excuses, especially if they got corner in the 1st

Edited by buno67