Browns Release Sheldon Richardson

sdrawkcab321

1 hour ago, ditchdigger said:

I don't see us drafting or signing another 3T. There are four of them on the roster.

Only one 1T, and in a historically bad DT class, it would be unwise to draft one before round 6 or 7 or even UDFA for the backup NT spot.

YOU DID THIS TO US

• Like 1

Disappointed but I’m not surprised. Jackson is a similar player who’s much much cheaper. Obviously Richardson is better but not 10M more better. Jackson Billings Elliot and a rookie should be enough. I expect clowney to play inside a lot with Garrett getting a few snaps there too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Disappointed but I’m not surprised. Jackson is a similar player who’s much much cheaper. Obviously Richardson is better but not 10M more better. Jackson Billings Elliot and a rookie should be enough. I expect clowney to play inside a lot with Garrett getting a few snaps there too.

Yeah I was thinking with Clowney now who would be the DT next to him on third downs. 

Either Jackson or Sheldon would have to sit. 

I think if they believe in Jordan Elliot as the future of the 3 tech this also makes sense. 

much cheaper and it’s a lot easier to find a NT than a starting 3 tech. 

we will definitely need a DT at some point in the draft. I love Tommy from OSU. He could be the NT of the future 

sad to see Richardson go. Great player his time here he’ll help a team out for sure 

I think this mean he refused to renegotiate.

I don't think this move makes us better in 2021 but it may help us with all of Ward/Mayfield/Chubb remaining on the team going forward. We need a little carryover and our options were Richardson or losing either OBJ or Landry. I'm guessing we checked trade interest on OBJ and tried restructuring Richardson and nothing was happening so this was the last resort.

I think we'll be fine. He wasn't our identity on defense or a real difference maker. Better than what his replacement will be but probably a logical decision.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think this mean he refused to renegotiate.

I don't think this move makes us better in 2021 but it may help us with all of Ward/Mayfield/Chubb remaining on the team going forward. We need a little carryover and our options were Richardson or losing either OBJ or Landry. I'm guessing we checked trade interest on OBJ and tried restructuring Richardson and nothing was happening so this was the last resort.

I think we'll be fine. He wasn't our identity on defense or a real difference maker. Better than what his replacement will be but probably a logical decision.

Sorry friend, Ward yes.  Baker?  Yes.  Chubb will not get a second contract with the browns though.  #MoneyBall

Definitely seems like a cap flexibility move for down the road. Part of me is glad that they are being smart for the future but I also like Sheldon. Not at 12 mil, but also better than the gaping hole he leaves behind.

Go get Mo Hurst and make me feel better.

• Like 1