Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

The idea that we are combating Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes and guys like that with Mac Jones just blows my mind. The chiefs nab Mahomes and continue to surround him and go get guys like Brown, Kelce, Honey Badger, etc. We want a QB who's going to run the offense. 

This, about Fields, just seems so worth repeating

"In other words, he got the most out of an admittedly very good system; but he also elevated it when need be. This wasn’t Jared Goff riding Sean McVay’s coattails to a big contract. This was more like Pat Mahomes making Andy Reid’s offense look better than we already knew it was."

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

I believe Kyle loves Mac but what if he likes one of the others more. He answers the questions asked while not tipping what way they actually want to go with what he did.

Look, Jones may be the pick but literally all the questions were tailored towards him being the pick. I don't think he tipped off his pick unless you think him pretty much confirming Jimmy is gone means Jones is the pick since he can start from day one. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Look, Jones may be the pick but literally all the questions were tailored towards him being the pick. I don't think he tipped off his pick unless you think him pretty much confirming Jimmy is gone means Jones is the pick since he can start from day one. 

That would be my take. As I said about the King mock draft, that was the most concerning part of the report. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I didn't watch the PC, but reading the quotes, to me it just seemed like he was more defensive against the intense backlash they've been facing rather than tipping his hand one way or another. I would guess he's annoyed that fans think they know more than him, even if he is leaning towards Lance now 

With his past mistakes at QB Shanny doesn't get the benefit of the doubt, but thats another point entirely. I'm just giving my interpretation of the answers

Still dont think its a coincidence that 5 national journalists brought up Lance unprompted in the last 24 hours 

One question the reporters didn't ask him that they should have was if his QB evaluations have changed since he took over in 2017? We have quotes of what he was looking for then. That could have help tipped it off better than the actual questions they asked. 

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

I didn't watch the PC, but reading the quotes, to me it just seemed like he was more defensive against the intense backlash they've been facing rather than tipping his hand one way or another. I would guess he's annoyed that fans think they know more than him, even if he is leaning towards Lance now 

With his past mistakes at QB Shanny doesn't get the benefit of the doubt, but thats another point entirely. I'm just giving my interpretation of the answers

Still dont think its a coincidence that 5 national journalists brought up Lance unprompted in the last 24 hours 

we havent had a decent quarterback since he was hired.. jimmy g is average and truly we need a playmaker not a clone