Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

Just now, 49ersfan said:

I think me and you are the only ones who didnt think the presser was a confirmation we were picking Mac lol. From what i read, he was vague & defensive because he doesn't want to tip the pick & he's tired of the criticism already.

it will get worse if it is Mac 

2 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Who do you think would have had the best chance to improve their opinion on them throughout this process? To me it kind of seemed like Mac is what he is in most people's minds - Already thought of as an elite processor lacked athleticism and a strong arm. I don't see him as the guy that probably improved his stock too much throughout the offseason. Fields has great tape, but people questioned his mental ability. Lance had some questions about his accuracy. To me it seems like the guys who had the greater opportunity to boost their stock are Fields and Lance. Maybe I'm just subconsciously trying to will it into existence though.  

I'm really keen to agree with this. Also, if they were fine taking Jones at #12, I'm not sure what made them do the trade to 3. No one was and still is that keen on Jones, apparently.

Just now, 49ersfan said:

I think me and you are the only ones who didnt think the presser was a confirmation we were picking Mac lol. From what i read, he was vague & defensive because he doesn't want to tip the pick & he's tired of the criticism already.

I am by no means counting out Mac being the pick, but really seems like these guys heard what they wanted to hear and the reporters CLEARLY are all in on Mac so they kept asking questions about him...Shanahan was defensive because he knows exactly what was happening and was trying his best to give both sides of the answer without tipping off the pick. 

Do not count out Fields! 

This draft season has been one super long Game Day Thread. I love it. I've gotten to be a complete nutjob for the entirety of this. Usually i get to be crazy in the GDT, but once it's over, I'm kind of mellowed out and level. Since this has started, I've been allowed ot just be rabid fan guy 

2 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I also did not feel that the presser was a confirmation of us selecting Mac Jones, I actually felt like Shanny also composed himself quite well and played everything close to the vest.

I think it’s Fields

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I am by no means counting out Mac being the pick, but really seems like these guys heard what they wanted to hear and the reporters CLEARLY are all in on Mac so they kept asking questions about him...Shanahan was defensive because he knows exactly what was happening and was trying his best to give both sides of the answer without tipping off the pick. 

Do not count out Fields! 

Still could be Mac, just dont see the presser as confirmation on that. 

I think it'll be Lance. I would love Fields as well, but i wish we would have heard something about our interest

Just now, Forge said:

This draft season has been one super long Game Day Thread. I love it. I've gotten to be a complete nutjob for the entirety of this. Usually i get to be crazy in the GDT, but once it's over, I'm kind of mellowed out and level. Since this has started, I've been allowed ot just be rabid fan guy 

Yea, it's pretty much been like this for me. I was super happy at the trade. Super depressed about Mac. Now I think everything is funny right now. I feel I am ready for whatever happens on Thursday. This is important because I live in Bears country and it's not to often a Bear fan can make fun of me.

Still trying brainwashing myself with pro Mac stuff all week.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

100%. 

But the pick seems like it's Mac. I think that's who Shanny wanted from the jump, and I don't think he's changing his mind on that, nor do I think he was likely going to be inclined to change his mind about that. 

Kyle isn't a change his mind kind of guy. I'm pretty sure he still believes his playcalling i the debacle of a SB a few years back was still great, just poor execution.

1 minute ago, big9erfan said:

Kyle isn't a change his mind kind of guy. I'm pretty sure he still believes his playcalling i the debacle of a SB a few years back was still great, just poor execution.

This has been my biggest thing as well. He just doesn't strike me as the type. If he wanted Mac from the start...and all signs indicate that he did, I just don't see him changing his mind there.