Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

3 minutes ago, GW21 said:

To add to this, I will say that I'm super glad that I'm not under the scrutiny that these guys are. I'm sure that I've exhibited some douchebaggery out at the bars in my day. 

I was never a ****** or a tool. Arrogant prick was more my style. Guys like Mac were the guys I wanted to smack when i got drunk lol 

Definitely some alcohol related incidents in my past lol. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nah, Simms has been consistent with his love for Jones from the beginning. He's not the only former QB that likes Jones a lot. And Simms QB ratings are as good as they get from the top evaluators. He could be wrong here but don't think he's doing it to hype him up to fans...Because Kyle doesn't give two sh^ts about what the fans think and Simms has gone on record that he wants to be a GM one day so he takes his ratings serious as they are in the open for everyone to look at. 

You are correct, sir! Kurt Warner has Mac as his #3 QB overall this year. 

2 minutes ago, GW21 said:

To add to this, I will say that I'm super glad that I'm not under the scrutiny that these guys are. I'm sure that I've exhibited some douchebaggery out at the bars in my day. 

Yeah, but you arent going to get paid 30m by some future employer either

Right now the only route I see for you to make 30 million is to put 4m on Justin fields at +800 LOL

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ftn49 said:

I agree with the majority of your post except for a couple words that are most likely hyperbole with the bolded portion. Not saying he is a selfish guy, every person has a right to do what is best for them. However the fashion in which he left UGA was not selfless. Like I said, no hate for the guy, he's who I want the niners to draft and everyone has that right but there were narratives that his camp spun that were not good and most likely just to get him immediate eligibility.

Leaving to get a chance to play somewhere does not indicate to me any lack of selflessness. That's football theee days. The Big Ten was on its way to not having a season and he lobbied hard for there to be a season. Even then it was a limited season and he, like many others who chose to do so, could have sat out resting on his prior's achievements. But he wanted to play largely, if you believe what he says, to continue to improve his game and to help his team win the Natty. And in those games he gets hit so hard he busts a couple ribs. Yet comes right back in, with pro days coming up, wincing with every throw, and still outplays Lawrence. I've read or listened to just about every post game presser he's had throughout his career. Every word coming out of his mouth is about his team, about others, or simply about wanting to improve. Not sure that I've ever seen anything I would label as selfish, or even not selfless.

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I was never a ****** or a tool. Arrogant prick was more my style. Guys like Mac were the guys I wanted to smack when i got drunk lol 

Definitely some alcohol related incidents in my past lol. 

Oh, yeah absolutely. I know my mouth gets a little free when I've had too much lol. Mostly just trying to mess with people, but sometimes people don't take it that way. Either way, you won't see me running for office any time soon lol.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I've never been so intrigued by a 49ers pick in my life. 

Forget the last month, at some point in the last 24 hours i've been 100% certain that the Niners will select Jones, switched my mind to Fields, then switched again to Lance

Since everyone is just guessing (even if some are educated guesses) and Shanny himself said he doesn't want the rest of the league to know, I've resigned myself to the fact that we'll just find out at approx 8:30 PM EST/5:30 PM PST on Thursday. 

Just 54 more hours to go!

It's Jones. REconcile yourself to that and be ecstatic if it turns out to be someone else.

• Like 1

Reading through this article...I don't love all of it. A lot of anecdotal clips. A lot of the data points are later on. Also, the running thing, I get why it's added, but you're projecting where the league is going more so than learning anything for sure with such a small sample over the last few years. It's a projection, should be treated as such. 

9 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

You are correct, sir! Kurt Warner has Mac as his #3 QB overall this year. 

Of course he made clear he was only ranking them on abiity to read defenses and move in the pocket since those were his attributes. He specifically said he wasn't taking into account physical attributes. It was unclear to me if which side of that he included arm strength beause Warner had a much better arm than Jones.

Maiocco thinks we may be able to get a 2022 1st rounder for Jimmy.

So if we are to compare this to the Browns in 2018:

Lance - Allen

Jones - Darnold

Mayfield - Fields

You know what that means right??? Fields will be the pick!!!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I thought that was actually Bosa, myself. I could be biased, but Bosa's presence was HUGE in that season. 

It was...I actually thought Buckner was underwhelming that year. I didn't think he was as good as AA in 2019 specifically

• Like 1