Rookie watch thread.

resilient part 2

2 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

That boy good.

And yeah, don't sleep on Bogdan. Dude is going to be a legitimate player in this league given the opportunity.

As far as ROTY though, that's pretty much Simmons award to lose at this point.

Collins is the only reason to watch Atlanta this year. 

Averaging close to 12 and 8 while playing 19 mins a game right now. 

5 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

I'll be honest, I didn't think Collins would be this good, or at least not this fast. Sucks that he doesn't really have much in the way of respectable veterans to learn from on the roster, but he definitely looks like someone that should help speed up the rebuilding process in ATL.

3 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I'll be honest, I didn't think Collins would be this good, or at least not this fast. Sucks that he doesn't really have much in the way of respectable veterans to learn from on the roster, but he definitely looks like someone that should help speed up the rebuilding process in ATL.

Ilyasova is there, and he is ok. Should help him a little. Deadmon maybe?

I just hope that his minutes grow as the season progresses. Should be starting and playing 30 mins a game by midseason. Him, Schroeder(if he continues to develop), and a top pick next year could be a good start for this team. 

7 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Ilyasova is there, and he is ok. Should help him a little. Deadmon maybe?

I just hope that his minutes grow as the season progresses. Should be starting and playing 30 mins a game by midseason. Him, Schroeder(if he continues to develop), and a top pick next year could be a good start for this team. 

I like the young guys Atlanta has. Obviously the toughest part of the rebuild is getting the star so their goal should be getting one of those guys this year in the draft 

4 hours ago, devils1854 said:

he's not completely lost on D? I figured he'd fill up the box score, kinda got a feeling he was gonna be a good number/bad reality type player. but been good, huh? kinda surprised. 

5 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

he's not completely lost on D? I figured he'd fill up the box score, kinda got a feeling he was gonna be a good number/bad reality type player. but been good, huh? kinda surprised. 

Havent seen all four games, but what I have seen, he has been adequate on the defensive end so far.

J Tatum with his best rookie game yet. 23 points leading Boston. He did it all. Shot 3s (4-6) slashed well to the rim, rebounded, steals (4) and blocked shots and assts. While I understand the future ROY will probably end up going to the player with a higher "usage rating" (Simmons. DSJ etc..) I am feeling very confident that Tatum has a very good chance of becoming the best player of this draft. And to think Boston has a chance for another top 5 pick (2-5) from LA thru Philly just by making the trade with Philly.

11 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

didn't see most of the game, but did like what I saw from DSJ. 8-12 19 points 5 ast and only 1 turnover in a win.

The scoring is great and I think he'll be a 20 ppg scorer sooner in his career than later, but the 1 turnover is the best part. The guy just gets the game. And he was going up against Conley just two nights after he went 3-11 against GS. Biggest complaint is his horrid FT shooting. Once he fixes that, then he'll be that much better.

Out of all the recent Duke 1 and dones to come out, I felt Tatum would be the best. He's exceeded my expectations early on and the scary thing is that he's just scratching the surface of how good he'll be.

Having said that, you can all but give ROY to Ben Simmons. He's already frightening good.

Archived