The 2021 Raider Draft Day Thread - Round 1 Chat

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

That’s the thing this time Leatherwood does have the talent(he is one of the most talented office of tackles in this year‘s draft) but he’s risky. More of an upside pick than a proven commodity which is what I don’t like. He’s basically the Kwiti Paye of offense

He lacks what you want in a RT and especially if you want to run the ball down teams throats.  He is good in pass pro but good luck getting any movement in the run game.

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

Sure he has talent but like you say he's risky and he plays a non impact position.  Our D is amongst the worst in the NFL and we take a boom or bust RT.  

I agree it seems like the thought is to basically have an athletically overqualified RT. But my thing is he better be ready to play week one. I don’t wanna hear no he’s a developmental player.

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Sure he has talent but like you say he's risky and he plays a non impact position.  Our D is amongst the worst in the NFL and we take a boom or bust RT.  

I think they will see him as a RG/RT. 

Bright side here. Is we were ru.ored to want to trade up. Imagine if we traded up for him! But truth be told. I wondered why he wasn't rated higher. Because in 2020 if he had come out he was considered top 2 or 3 tackles. Oh well. Welcome aboard Alex. Wish we would have traded down first. But maybe there wasn't an opportunity.

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

I agree it seems like the thought is to basically have an athletically overqualified RT. But my thing is he better be ready to play week one. I don’t wanna hear no he’s a developmental player.

He needs to play week 1 as a top 20 pick.  All I can say with this FA haul and 1st round pick be prepared for another .500 season at best.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Gruden and Mayock have had 6 first round picks and have taken: 

Alex Leatherwood

Henry Ruggs

Damon Arnette

Clelin Ferrell

Josh Jacobs

Jonathan Abram

All reaches except Ruggs. I even consider Jacobs a minor reach, but he has kind of worked out so far. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Gruden and Mayock have had 6 first round picks and have taken: 

Alex Leatherwood

Henry Ruggs

Damon Arnette

Clelin Ferrell

Josh Jacobs

Jonathan Abram

Even the best player, Jacobs, could have been taken later or at least a player who has produced as much.  Montgomery went in the 3rd and has done just as well.  Plus many in here wanted to draft him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

ya lol, that YouTube page is a joke like Gruden/MM. I blame Mark, who the hell gives Gruden a 10 year contract. stupid 

He' already priming the pump on Twitter. I like his uploads. They are well produced and entertaining. But he doesn't know what he's talking about most of the time.