The Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread!

HolmesPriest

15 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

That's great. I'm just saying what I saw, which was putrid. 

When I brought back up the video, YouTube let me know where I stopped watching last time. I had to turn it off at about 5 and a half minutes in. He just got abused. He must have some good tape somewhere, but I didn't see it. And this game tape made me not even want to look for it. 

Actually, my mistake. Thats not even his bad film. I watched his game against A&M first, and THAT was horrendous. Ernest Jones loves getting blocked by tight ends, being tentative against the run, and being lost in zone coverage.

11 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Actually, my mistake. Thats not even his bad film. I watched his game against A&M first, and THAT was horrendous. Ernest Jones loves getting blocked by tight ends, being tentative against the run, and being lost in zone coverage.

Well...horrible game by him. Now that i watched him play, i don't have confidence at all to improve our defense. 

The most entertaining part of draft is all the fun new names. Devine Diablo is excellent, as are Rachad Wildgoose and Isaiah Loudermilk.

Tommy Tremble and Brady Breeze sound like characters from a 1950s educational comic strip.

But there’s a simple elegance to Jake Funk that can’t be beat this year. I wish that was my name.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

The most entertaining part of draft is all the fun new names. Devine Diablo is excellent, as are Rachad Wildgoose and Isaiah Loudermilk.

Tommy Tremble and Brady Breeze sound like characters from a 1950s educational comic strip.

But there’s a simple elegance to Jake Funk that can’t be beat this year. I wish that was my name.

LS Cameron Cheeseman WFT 6th rounder and he’s not from Wisconsin 

On 5/1/2021 at 1:44 AM, ET80 said:

No fortunes of any team hinge on a 4th/5th and a future 4th - c'mon, you're being intentionally obtuse on the value of these picks. You talk about context of franchises, but ignore that picks that late for Houston won't move the needle right now, let alone five years from now.

The 1974 Steelers come to mind at first. (4 Super Bowls)

• Webster and Stallworth did a good deal of needle moving.
    • The needle made them a couple of gold jackets.

The 1986 49ers? (2 Super Bowls and 3 more for Dallas when they made a really stupid trade)

• Charles Haley who held the SB record until Brady took it.

You want the 2010 Seahawks draft or the 2011 Seahawks draft? (1 SB and another close loss)

• Two of the 3 LOB regulars were 5th round picks (Sherman and Chancellor)
    • Not sure about needles but they sure stopped the other team from moving the ball.

How about the 2017 Packers and 49ers? (3 NFCCGs already)

• George Kittle and Aaron Jones are pretty good, right?

2016 Chiefs and Cowboys?

• Dak and Cheetah

2006 Saints

• Jahri Evans was 1st team All-Pro at guard from 2009-2012
    • He was a rock in front of Brees from 2006-2016

1958 Packers

• I'll make it a nice round 10 with Jerry Kramer leading to the first 2 Super Bowls.

You have no idea what any of those players will be. You do know that trusting these morons to bet it all on one guy that the rest of the league passed on 11 times while picking his position will not get it done. If your logic is that this FO is so inept that you can't apply logic so you can't hold them accountable to anything then you have put the goalposts on Mars.

The guy who invented this chart which is now scripture to you in this thread was far more often the one who got more picks, not the guy giving up the more picks. Feel free to blather on about goal posts. The Texans move was stupid.

22 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Andrew Berry has done a fantastic job fixing the defense. They will be a special unit in 2 years.

Next year will be our most balanced roster. Then the offense will start to decline, but the defense will become elite.

What does the contract situations look like for Cle? Baker needs a contract soon right? Who else is up next year? 

51 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

You have no idea what any of those players will be.

So, you found a few examples out of several decades of football. That sure showed me.

The average hit rate for picks beyond the 4th is roughly 6% - so you're more likely to find a Spergon Wynn over a Tom Brady.

51 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

If your logic is that this FO is so inept that you can't apply logic so you can't hold them accountable to anything then you have put the goalposts on Mars.

No, my logic is that trade your said was an overpayment was actually in line with a pretty standard measure. You can use your bullet points and your examples from shortly after World War II... But when we get back to our original discussion, Bill O'Brien in fact did NOT make that trade.

Let's go back to the beginning?

On 4/30/2021 at 9:59 PM, SkippyX said:

Did the Texans hire BOB back as a consultant for that trade?

On 4/30/2021 at 10:06 PM, ET80 said:

Didn't seem like they gave up much. 4/5 and a future 4th? That's nothing.

On 4/30/2021 at 10:33 PM, ET80 said:

Draft value chart disagrees with you.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

Pick 89 = 145

Pick 109 = 76 + Pick 158 = 26.6

Pick 2022 4th = 33 (assuming 4.1 in 2022 - 2022 picks are a full round less in calculation).

So, it's 9.4 points in favor of the Texans.

Go down whatever rabbit hole you want on this, use ALL the bullet points your lil' heart desires - I sincerely don't give a damn what squirrels you want to chase. 

You said it was an overpayment. It wasn't. Period, full stop, the end. Everything else is you desperately trying to justify your incorrect statement. 

Just own up to it so I can put you back on ignore.

22 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Andrew Berry has done a fantastic job fixing the defense. They will be a special unit in 2 years.

Next year will be our most balanced roster. Then the offense will start to decline, but the defense will become elite.

Andrew Berry has done a fantastic job building that team period. All the more impressive is how he’s doing it at such a young age and how well his analytics approach has worked.

Browns are serious threats to KC this year.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 1:44 AM, ET80 said:
On 5/1/2021 at 1:19 AM, SkippyX said:

In this case 'fair market' is the 1995 market with zero context for the specific franchise. 

That's an odd way of saying "you're right"

I honestly think this is the closest I'm getting to an admission of being incorrect from @SkippyX, so I'm calling it.

GG... back to ignore.

22 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

LS Cameron Cheeseman WFT 6th rounder and he’s not from Wisconsin 

My favorite from this year has been Racey McMath. That name sounds like a late 90s children's learning video game character from a CD-ROM. 

"Hi, its me, Racey McMath! To defeat the evil villain, we are going to have to do our times tables, and fast!"

• Like 1

Schefter:

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah had a heart issue that came up late in the process and was a concern for most teams, which is why he fell out of the first round and to pick No. 52 with Cleveland, per sources. Doctors ultimately cleared Owusu-Koramoah but it did contribute to him falling.