Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

11 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He's played ONE year on his FOUR year deal and received 98.7 million dollars. Yes, he can ask for those years to be guaranteed, but the Packers should tell him to go pound sand! They guarantee those years, Jordan Love doesn't see the field during his rookie contract. 

He wants those years guaranteed, play at an MVP level and win a Super Bowl! NO way they get rid of him then.

You're preaching to the choir.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Leader said:

Applying my Certificate of Completion in Russ Ball's online Capology For Idiots course.......my "off the top of my head" assessment would be he'd want the 98.7M guaranteed - which would probably also guarantee his starting position thru the contract.

If I were him (and I'm not to any that were wondering.....) - that would be the starting point of my negotiations.

They just hand out certificates for participation then? 

Anybody feel like Von Miller talks like he has been told something, but also told to STFU about it?

He’s done this twice now.

I think maybe the Broncos are trying, but that the asking price is too much.

I’d kinda like to see Rodgers go to a division that has three capable quarterbacks, two of which with capable defenses.

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Anybody feel like Von Miller talks like he has been told something, but also told to STFU about it?

He’s done this twice now.

I think maybe the Broncos are trying, but that the asking price is too much.

I’d kinda like to see Rodgers go to a division that has three capable quarterbacks, two of which with capable defenses.

Do you care to elaborate on what Von Miller said? 

13 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yeah I guess nothing too much. More than I would have said if I was him though

So apparently players cannot be guilty of tampering. Only coaches and front office. Learned that as Carr was openly recruiting Adams to come to Vegas. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

So apparently players cannot be guilty of tampering. Only coaches and front office. Learned that as Carr was openly recruiting Adams to come to Vegas. 

I figured that was always the case and everything but I'd feel weird talking about bringing in a QB with a couple guys who are on the team that are likely to be the guy. 

But yeah I didn't see anything to read between the lines on with his comment I guess

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

I figured that was always the case and everything but I'd feel weird talking about bringing in a QB with a couple guys who are on the team that are likely to be the guy. 

But yeah I didn't see anything to read between the lines on with his comment I guess

I agree but they've been hearing it from the media since draft day. Hell, their GM even admitted he made the call to see if Rodgers was available before the draft. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I bet Drew Lock loved his comments lol.

Yeah that's kind of where I was going with that. I wouldn't have liked that much if I was him, but he hasn't earned the right to get too bitchy either lol

On 7/9/2021 at 12:10 PM, Nick_gb said:

Did you even read his comment? He literally said "Aaron Rodgers WONT tank" -- That means, he's NOT, I repeat NOT "gonna give an unmotivated, uninspired, dispirited, casual an/or lethargic effort" INTENTIONALLY

However, he then followed up with "but you likely wont get what you got last year". Meaning, that it wouldn't be surprising to see regression from the career year / MVP performance that Aaron Rodgers put on last season. That's not all that far fetched nor is it an unreasonable comment. In fact, it's probably true. 

That was PEAK PERFORMANCE, so I feel like we'd be setting ourselves up to expect it - Rodgers fell off a bit from 2011 to 2012, so I don't think we have to expect him to fall off a cliff or anything but I'd be shocked if he was as good

• Like 2