Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

1 hour ago, spilltray said:

I see no reason to give him any accomodations at this point.

The reason is you have a SB capable team with him at QB playing at level he did last year.

A disgruntled Rodgers won’t tank, but you likely won’t get what you got last year.   

Not to mention him sitting out of some of camp will be huge distraction and the missed practice with QB1 is not good for team.

The plan was always to dump him in 2022, no?  Rodgers knows it and doesn’t like it.   Hence why he is sitting out.

Fans want him to go win a SB in 2021 and then be traded for 50 first rounders.  Then he gives a speech that he will always love GB and plays bad for 3 years for another team and retires. 

He doesn’t look it like that.   He is like a hot first wife.  He was pretty, still is quite fetching, but her husband is looking at younger girl and he doesn’t like it one bit.

I bled for this guy.  I had his babies.   Well, I’ll show him.  I’ll show him I am still hot.  I’ll get super in shape and cook awesome meals.  Then he will remember how hot I am, change his plan and profess his love for me. 

Then in 2021 offseason Aaron walks in his office and says after I all I did, tell me the plan is to keep me around.  

Look Aaron.  We still love you, but … 

Then Aaron is all like.  I can’t even.  I’m out.  F you, you bastard! F YOU!

Don’t be like that Aaron.  Come on baby.   Come back.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

The reason is you have a SB capable team with him at QB playing at level he did last year.

A disgruntled Rodgers won’t tank, but you likely won’t get what you got last year.   

Not to mention him sitting out of some of camp will be huge distraction and the missed practice with QB1 is not good for team.

The plan was always to dump him in 2022, no?  Rodgers knows it and doesn’t like it.   Hence why he is sitting out.

Fans want him to go win a SB in 2021 and then be traded for 50 first rounders.  Then he gives a speech that he will always love GB and plays bad for 3 years for another team and retires. 

He doesn’t look it like that.   He is like a hot first wife.  He was pretty, still is quite fetching, but her husband is looking at younger girl and he doesn’t like it one bit.

I bled for this guy.  I had his babies.   Well, I’ll show him.  I’ll show him I am still hot.  I’ll get super in shape and cook awesome meals.  Then he will remember how hot I am, change his plan and profess his love for me. 

Then in 2021 offseason Aaron walks in his office and says after I all I did, tell me the plan is to keep me around.  

Look Aaron.  We still love you, but … 

Then Aaron is all like.  I can’t even.  I’m out.  F you, you bastard! F YOU!

Don’t be like that Aaron.  Come on baby.   Come back.  

Quality!

There could be much truth in what you say d2000.  At least some for sure.

Nobody likes to get older as age creeps up, you are forced to face your own mortality.  Rodg is facing his NFL mortality.

But so is the team, and they must.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

So does accommodating him in altered contract get more from Rodgers on the field?   If not, then it is a bad decision to do so.

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I'll focus in on this portion of your comment as well......and I find it totally unacceptable.

The guy's the highest paid player in the league - or really close to it.

And he's gonna give an unmotivated, uninspired, dispirited, casual and/or lethargic effort because why again???????

I dont accept that for a split second.

I'd expect nothing less than him putting "this offseason of contrived mis-content" behind him like the grown, paid professional that he is do his damn job the best he can.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'll focus in on this portion of your comment as well......and I find it totally unacceptable.

And he's gonna give an unmotivated, uninspired, dispirited, casual and/or lethargic effort because why again???????

I'd expect nothing less than him putting "this offseason of contrived mis-content" behind him like the grown, paid professional that he is do his damn job the best he can.

Did you even read his comment? He literally said "Aaron Rodgers WONT tank" -- That means, he's NOT, I repeat NOT "gonna give an unmotivated, uninspired, dispirited, casual an/or lethargic effort" INTENTIONALLY

However, he then followed up with "but you likely wont get what you got last year". Meaning, that it wouldn't be surprising to see regression from the career year / MVP performance that Aaron Rodgers put on last season. That's not all that far fetched nor is it an unreasonable comment. In fact, it's probably true. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Did you even read his comment? He literally said "Aaron Rodgers WONT tank" -- That means, he's NOT, I repeat NOT "gonna give an unmotivated, uninspired, dispirited, casual an/or lethargic effort" INTENTIONALLY

However, he then followed up with "but you likely wont get what you got last year". Meaning, that it wouldn't be surprising to see regression from the career year / MVP performance that Aaron Rodgers put on last season. That's not all that far fetched nor is it an unreasonable comment. In fact, it's probably true. 

Thanks Nick but I actually understood his comment and prefaced mine by highlighting the one aspect of it I was referring to.

As for "getting last years AR" - I would never put on any player to repeat an MVP season. There's far too many variables involved in the process (IMO at least....) - so no, I dont think AR needs to be MVP AR. 

I'll take fully committed and playing to the best of his abilities AR anytime.

And I'll add (just to remove any ambiguity you might have regards my meaning....) - I see no "issue" from this offseason which should preclude AR from being that player: committed and playing up to the best of his abilities.

Edited by Leader

24 minutes ago, Leader said:

I don't think it will be purposeful.  It will be a natural by product of not being happy with situation.

Not saying he will play bad.  Just saying I would be shocked by a repeat of last year MVP level of play when he is not happy and is not trying to drive a point home.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I don't think it will be purposeful.  It will be a natural by product of not being happy with situation. Not saying he will play bad.  Just saying I would be shocked by a repeat of last year MVP level of play when he is not happy and is not trying to drive a point home.

Understood - but I just dont see it.

Now listen - I do think he allowed some ghosts into the system at the tail end of MM's tenure in GB. I dont think we were getting his best - somewhat on purpose - but it was hard to decipher, so it can be no more than a suspicion.

But (again) I dont see this offseason as providing reason or justification to revert to that level of performance.

AR once said (paraphrasing.....): "I'm not concerned if GB drafts another GB cause they're not gonna beat me out"

Good. Thats the AR I like. Confident and motivated. That's all I ask of him.

Edited by Leader

Yah, I'm with @Leader concerning Rodgers.  If this whole thing is put to bed and he's in the locker room, he's gonna play as hard as ever.  He won't let the locker room down.  He may not be an MVP again, lots has to go right for that to happen, but he's not going to tank.  He's not going to blow off film study.  However....I think he may make a few business decisions on the field to preserve his body every now and then.  But I feel that would be the case even if there was not this rift with the front office.  It's just part of getting older.  We saw Manning basically take a knee a few times when the blitz was coming and his play call wasn't right.  It happens.

I don't think it will be purposeful.  It will be a natural by product of not being happy with situation.

Not saying he will play bad.  Just saying I would be shocked by a repeat of last year MVP level of play when he is not happy and is not trying to drive a point home.

That doesn't really scream Rodgers. What does is him going out and running back another MVP caliber year just so the pundits will drag down the FO a little more for trading a QB playing at that level. Make no mistake, when 12 leaves (which is probably after next season), he wants it to be a PR embarrassment for Gute/Murphy, at least in his mind. 

You might catch flak for this, but you're spot on IMO. I expect he will be noticably worse than last year for a myriad of reasons.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Old Guy said:

If you get rid of Rodgers in 22, assume you mean before the draft, you get a cheap Love in 22 and 23. 24 is his 5th year option which gets a bit pricier, but being he was the 26th pick I'm not sure if he's discounted compared to a top 10 guy. 

So then you extend Love and reduce his salary in 24, and 25. After that you are pretty much paying premium money, but that is a pretty decent 4 year window. Especially given the talent on this team and the assumed draft picks for Rodgers. 

EDIT: I just looked it up. Lamar Jackson's fifth year option is going to be 23 million. Baker Mayfield's is going to be 30 million. We would get a discount but it's pricy only if Love is a tweener, not a start and not a bust. Two years later let's say Love costs 25 - 27 million for his fifth year in this hypothetical. He's going to be less than 12% of the cap by then. Possibly under 10% after new CBA.  

If you get rid of Rodgers in 2022 then you have a cheap Love but you are still picking up a 17m dead cap hit for Rodgers.  You get one year and one year only of cheap QBs and that would be 2023

You can dress it up however you like but the facts are we would be paying about 20m for Love and Rodgers combined in 2023.  Obviously 20m is less than the current cap hits for Rodgers but we aren't talking the sort of economy QB deal that opens up roster opportunities (especially given a big chunk of the 22 cap will be spent paying for the 21 team)