Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

56 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm guessing it's just the last one tbh. 

that is my thought as well.    Murphy would more than likely have the facts on what has transpired from the GB side of things

23 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Schefty.

The hope here is that this is one of the first of several comments in the "Aaron Rodgers image rehabilitation tour."

In which he'll make several cryptic, abstract, and disparaging comments about those damn reporters that made up so much of this drama about his displeasure with the Packers. All without calling out anyone in particular or addressing any specifics.

God forbid any of our beat reporters (assuming they are allowed to check out their balls and journalistic integrity from the Lambeau library desk) ask him any questions about why he didn't refute these rumors, he's going to answer that it isn't his job to refute every rumor, and that he was just doing everything he could to put himself in the best and most positive mental health space he could. That honestly the rumors were so overwhelming and they were bumming him out, and he knows he plays best when he's happy as evidenced by last year's MVP season. 

He'll say all of this while fuming internally about the disrespect he's been shown by the Packers front office. 

These are good comments (assuming I'm not reading into this too much) if the hope is to see him at day 1 of TC. 

Fully agree.  Rodgers wouldn't want to call anyone out specifically.  just like he was more than likely speaking about this through ex-teammates (Jones, Kuhn, etc).  

Food for thought! Players tend to know if other guys have it or not. Do you think Rodgers insistence on guarantees beyond this year has anything to do with what he saw in Jordan Love last year? Put another way, do you think Rodgers knows Love has the goods and wants to make sure he's QB through his rookie contract?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Food for thought! Players tend to know if other guys have it or not. Do you think Rodgers insistence on guarantees beyond this year has anything to do with what he saw in Jordan Love last year? Put another way, do you think Rodgers knows Love has the goods and wants to make sure he's QB through his rookie contract?

Bradshaw talked about this very thing indirectly.  His focus was, "what are you afraid of, competition?  Might be shown up by Love?  Get out there and earn your job!"    To paraphrase.  

I think he truly believes he deserves guaranteed money in his contract.  Kind of like tenure.  Money is for nothing and the chicks are free.

He'll waltz into day one of camp like nothing ever happened.  Deep down he'll convince himself that he sure showed them!

Edited by 15412

Yah know?  Even throughout the years, the more Rodgers talked, the less I liked him.  Ringing even more true now.

Mental health.  He's a legendary QB.  Won a Super Bowl.  Has more money than he could ever know what to do with.

And to me?  Sounds like it's lonely at the top.  Maybe he should call his mom.  That would be a great place to start.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

I dont think he's threatened by Jordan Love talent wise.  I think its the knowing the end is coming, he makes a ton of dough and the wheels are turning for his eventual departure from Green Bay.  

I'm not sure there's anything HE can do to stop it.  Would winning the SB get him another year?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yah know?  Even throughout the years, the more Rodgers talked, the less I liked him.  Ringing even more true now.

Mental health.  He's a legendary QB.  Won a Super Bowl.  Has more money than he could ever know what to do with.

And to me?  Sounds like it's lonely at the top.  Maybe he should call his mom.  That would be a great place to start.

He's just full of nonsense these days.  His vagueness is really annoying.  Say what you mean or keep your damn mouth shut.  This has been the dumbest holdout I've ever seen.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I dont think he's threatened by Jordan Love talent wise.  I think its the knowing the end is coming, he makes a ton of dough and the wheels are turning for his eventual departure from Green Bay.  

I'm not sure there's anything HE can do to stop it.  Would winning the SB get him another year?

Yes, winning a Super Bowl would get him another year. You know what else would get him another year, if Jordan Love can't play. I think Rodgers knows Jordan Love is talented and has the physical skill set needed to succeed. Obviously, he and nobody else knows if that will translate on the field, but Rodgers knows.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He's just full of nonsense these days.  His vagueness is really annoying.  Say what you mean or keep your damn mouth shut.  This has been the dumbest holdout I've ever seen.  

It's not technically a hold out until camp starts correct? Right now it's just a bunch of hot air. 

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

It's not technically a hold out until camp starts correct? Right now it's just a bunch of hot air. 

Yeah, probably so.  He's always been a part of everything, so when he doesn't show for OTA's it seems totally out of character.  Skipping the mandatory stuff is a holdout, but I think it might still be unclear as to whether it was an excused absence.  

37 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

To be fair, since we've been here before....

Favre wasn't threatened by Rodgers talent, either.

Me personally?   Getting kindda tired of this whole thing.

I know it won't happen, but someone needs to go nuclear here, either Rodgers or the Packer organization.  End it, or resolve it.

• Like 1

Man, if Rodgers opted out that would have been so crazy.   In end he didn't want to go nuclear I guess.  

I now think he is going to cave and play.   He may sit out a week or two of training camp though.   He is likely doing the Favre thing now and just taking extra time for himself instead of going through dog days of camp.  

I am going to say I don't believe he is going to play at same level he did last year which was unbelievably good.   

Also going to say that Packers were stupid not to deal him pre-draft to Broncos.    They will never get that huge of a price again.   It's hard to sell high in sports.  People hardly ever want to pull that trigger.   Price for Rodgers will not be super high next off season.   He won't have MVP, he will be a year older and will have likely lost in playoffs yet again.  

I think those extra picks around a rookie QB could have either meant a title run or a reset at QB if Love isn't very good and kept the franchise rolling.     

Still Packers win the North again and a chip and chair and all that.   Defense should be better this year, offense I think won't be as good as they were playing out of their minds last year in a unique environment.   

I think realistically Bears are looking at 3rd behind Vikings and Pack and ahead of Detroit.   I think Bears end up with a losing record.

Opting out would have gotten Rodgers nothing but punting the situation until next year. The team would have been under zero pressure to do anything.

Also cap wise, I'm not sure anything was possible before June 1.

Edited by spilltray

I do not think he will sit out so much as one day of training camp.  I believe he reports day one and goes on like nothing happened.  And so should the Packers in that event.

If he would hold out, I would let him know ahead of time the fines for missing mini-camp would be re-instated and he would be fined $50,000 a day for every day of camp.  Which I believe is the maximum initially.  I would also let him know at some point the train would indeed leave the station.