Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

3 hours ago, squire12 said:

If that is what Rodgers wants, then he is living in a fantasy land.  Why should he be entitled to that type of set up vs any other player on the team?  no other player has a "contract" that guarantees their starting position.  Competition often brings out the best in players....hence the Love draft selection lighting a fire under Rodgers to rededicate himself to fundamentals and some other conditioning/training prior to the 2020 season.   maybe that was all coincidental....I think there was a real connection to those events.

agreed.   That is bad business.   Seems like someone is afraid of competition and being overall insecure perhaps??

I think,  he feels he's earned the right to finish out his contract.  Agree, life in the NFL doesn't always work that way.  

What this does do is it puts pressure on Gute to get this right.  You get rid of Rodgers and Love doesn't pan out, thats going to leave a mark.  

A Rodgers holdout might be the best thing for this situation. 

6 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I think,  he feels he's earned the right to finish out his contract.  Agree, life in the NFL doesn't always work that way.  

What this does do is it puts pressure on Gute to get this right.  You get rid of Rodgers and Love doesn't pan out, thats going to leave a mark.  

A Rodgers holdout might be the best thing for this situation. 

I so hope that he holds out and Love lights it up.  That's game over for Aaron and his stupid holdout.

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

I dont see it what way honestly.

First - I didnt have a problem with the drafting of Love. Didnt see it coming thats for sure - but dont have a problem with the pic. Far as I'm concerned , the only fly in the ointment is last years entire off season getting **** canned because of COVID.

With a normal 2020 pre-season, they'd have a much better idea where Love - who was never intended to start for a few years at best - stood.

They've got AR under contract for 3 more years - and have to determine Love can eventually replace him and get him as ready as possible.  AR has no excuse to play worse - on purpose - so......fine. Works for me.

Edited by Leader

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

I dont see it what way honestly.

First - I didnt have a problem with the drafting of Love. Didnt see it coming thats for sure - but dont have a problem with the pic. Far as I'm concerned , the only fly in the ointment is last years entire off season getting **** canned because of COVID.

And if he turns out to be the next DeShaun Kizer, and you dumped the MVP?   Not a good look.   That search for a next QB through the draft will be a long one and people wont forget this move.  Not saying Love wont work, but you gotta be sure. 

Cant tell you how good Love will be,  could be a bust, could be a 10 time All Pro, but before you trade Rodgers you gotta be sure he can play.    

Just now, NFLGURU said:

And if he turns out to be the next DeShaun Kizer, and you dumped the MVP?   Not a good look.

False choice and not applicable to the realities of the situation.

Let me repeat......

AR is under contract for 3 more years - during which time they'll determine what they have with Love.
The only "screw up" would be if they didnt reach their conclusions on Love before moving AR - but they have 3 years to do that.

Nobody's "dumping" anybody.

9 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

And if he turns out to be the next DeShaun Kizer, and you dumped the MVP?   Not a good look.    

You have a boogie monster living rent free in your head. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

I dont think so, I think its about security in staying in GB past 2021.  I think he's happy with the dough, its about where he's going to be paid in 2022, 2023, 2024 he's concerned with.  I think the Packers have stretched themselves to give Rodgers what they can and still keep the Love transition in place.  IMO, its where they are now and will be until the Packers decide something.

Yes, it's about the money.  Guaranteed money like I said, and then you said.  100% about the money.

29 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Yes, it's about the money.  Guaranteed money like I said, and then you said.  100% about the money.

No its not about money.  he wants to stay in Green Bay UNDER HIS CURRENT CONTRACT for the next 3 years with guarantees he can stay past 2021.    He doesnt have that guarantee and the Packers could trade him this afternoon if they want.  No additional money is needed, he wants guarantees to be able to stay.  NOT MONEY.   He's reportedly already turned down money this offseason.   Its about staying in Green Bay.      

As mentioned earlier the Packers want to be able to trade him when they see fit.       

Edited by NFLGURU

18 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

No its not about money.  he wants to stay in Green Bay UNDER HIS CURRENT CONTRACT for the next 3 years with guarantees he can stay past 2021.    He doesnt have that guarantee and the Packers could trade him this afternoon if they want.  No additional money is needed, he wants guarantees to be able to stay.  NOT MONEY.   He's reportedly already turned down money this offseason.   Its about staying in Green Bay.      

As mentioned earlier the Packers want to be able to trade him when they see fit.       

Without knowing it, you're talking about money as I am.  Guaranteed money.  You do not know for what length of time he wants or if he wants more to boot but I'll bet he wants more guaranteed than just one more year!  In the end, it's all about money.  Guaranteed money.  Which the team would be beyond foolish to give him.

30 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Refresh my memory cause I cant seem to recall which or how many players on GB have no trade clauses.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

False choice and not applicable to the realities of the situation.

Let me repeat......

AR is under contract for 3 more years - during which time they'll determine what they have with Love.
The only "screw up" would be if they didnt reach their conclusions on Love before moving AR - but they have 3 years to do that.

Nobody's "dumping" anybody.

Doesn’t work like that. He made a very high risk/ high reward pick. If Love is a player, Gute deserves all of the credit. Even if Rodgers is great elsewhere, if Love hits then it’s a great pick. 

However, If GB and AR decide to mutually split ways next year , Love can’t play and Rodgers has another year plus as a top tier QB then it’s a massive failure. 

This team Is built for a SB. With Rodgers they’re a top 1-3 contender, with a lot of room to grow. They cannot close the window early by getting the QB situation wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Refresh my memory cause I cant seem to recall which or how many players on GB have no trade clauses.

I dont know of any.  I'm not saying he should or shouldn't have one.  Just pointing out they can trade him anytime.  Nothing more, nothing less.  

I understand both sides.  My hope is the Packers come out well, and work a solution that works for them.

48 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Your argument about it not being about "money" but instead "guaranteed money" is a distinction without a difference.

Guaranteed money is, in this case, "money".

10 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Doesn’t work like that. He made a very high risk/ high reward pick. If Love is a player, Gute deserves all of the credit. Even if Rodgers is great elsewhere, if Love hits then it’s a great pick. 

However, If GB and AR decide to mutually split ways next year , Love can’t play and Rodgers has another year plus as a top tier QB then it’s a massive failure. 

This team Is built for a SB. With Rodgers they’re a top 1-3 contender, with a lot of room to grow. They cannot close the window early by getting the QB situation wrong. 

Agree, and I dont think Love has to be great.  Just pretty good will work in this offense and you have to give him some fudge factor time.  It won't come overnight once he gets to start.

Edited by NFLGURU