Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

4 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Agree, and I dont think Love has to be great.  Just pretty good will work in this offense and you have to give him some fudge factor time.  It won't come overnight once he gets to start.

Not at all. He doesn’t need to be great. I am hoping he’s a QB who is capable of winning a SB and contributes positively towards it. 

Like Jimmy G is capable of winning a SB, but only if the elite talent around him carry him . Or better example, Manning with Denver. 

12 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I dont know of any.  I'm not saying he should or shouldn't have one.  Just pointing out they can trade him anytime.  Nothing more, nothing less. I understand both sides.  My hope is the Packers come out well, and work a solution that works for them.

The point is....that any player on the GB roster (to use your words.....) can get traded if the organization sees fit to do so.

Doesnt mean they want to or will however.

If AR keeps his level of play up - I think the team will stick with him.
Regardless - they *certainly* will stick with him until Love proves himself capable of taking over.

I dont see the problem and refuse to believe their is one simply because a player voices inane "grievances" on sports / social media.

22 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

However, If GB and AR decide to mutually split ways next year , Love can’t play and Rodgers has another year plus as a top tier QB then it’s a massive failure.

The point I've (apparently.....) been unable to properly express is GB wont rid themselves of AR until they know Love has the goods.

There is no "mutually decide to split ways" about it in my book.

I believe AR's the highest paid player in the NFL currently? Could be wrong - but he's right up there - and with those riches come some obligations and/or expectations: to play well - or to the best of that player's abilities.

I expect AR will try to do that.

He's not gonna ****can MLF like he did MM. Nope. You only get one opportunity like that a career.

Edited by Leader

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

The point I've (apparently.....) been unable to properly express is GB wont rid themselves of AR until they know Love has the goods.

There is no "mutually decide to split ways" about it in my book.

I believe AR's the highest paid player in the NFL currently? Could be wrong - but he's right up there - and with those riches come some obligations and/or expectations: to play well - or to the best of that player's abilities.

I expect AR will try to do that.

He's not gonna ****can MLF like he did MM. Nope. You only get one opportunity like that a career.

Gotcha. I don’t think we can definitively say that unless he gets some time in the regular season, which may not happen. 

I think the stalemate we’re in right now is Aaron wants to be guaranteed the starter in 2023. I’m pretty sure, GB would give him next year. What if at the end of this coming season he says, ‘guarantee me 2023 or I want out.’ And is much more forceful and says that publicly instead of what he’s doing now which isn’t saying anything.

Love may look great in practice but if we don’t see him in season, we really don’t know. So there’s that risk where we’d think Love is ready, move on from AR, Love stinks and Rodgers is good. 

Another question for you and others. Let’s say we won the SB this year. We don’t guarantee Rodgers 2023 and he wants out, and Love stinks. Would the sting be much less for you ? For me, it would if they win it this year. 

18 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

What if at the end of this coming season he says, ‘guarantee me 2023 or I want out.’ And is much more forceful and says that publicly instead of what he’s doing now which isn’t saying anything.

You tell me. A lot will depend on how well he plays this year no (?) and he'll be a year older - but still under contract.

Who cares if he stands on a street corner screaming it to the sky? What difference does that make?

GB's been around since the beginning of the NFL and will be around long after the current QB1 is retired and hanging at the beach every day.

Edited by Leader

1 minute ago, Leader said:

You tell me. A lot will depend on how well he plays this year no (?) and he'll be a year older - but still under contract.
Who cares if he stands on a street corner screaming it to the sky? What difference does that make?

GB's been around since the beginning of the NFL and will be around long after the current QB1 is retired and hanging at the beach every day.

If Aaron Rodgers is being public about wanting out, then it’s a big f****** deal. 

Point is, it’s more than likely that we’re going to hand the keys over to Love without knowing how he’ll be. And if/when that happens and he can’t play then it’s a massive failure for Gute.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

If Aaron Rodgers is being public about wanting out, then it’s a big f****** deal.

It's news....but since when does GB run its team based on headlines at ESPN?

If Love's not ready.....nothing's happening just because AR wants it to.

Edited by Leader

1 minute ago, Leader said:

It's news....but since when does GB run its team based on headlines at ESPN?

If Love's not ready.....nothing's happening just because AR wants it to.

It would bring a lot of turmoil to the locker room. If the face of the franchise is open about wanting out , it would destroy a locker room. 

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It would bring a lot of turmoil to the locker room. If the face of the franchise is open about wanting out , it would destroy a locker room. 

I disagree and will step away from this discussion now. There's nothing concrete to discuss. It's all fantasy at this stage.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

I disagree and will step away from this discussion now. There's nothing concrete to discuss. It's all fantasy at this stage.

Lol ok. You’re right, having a strong, united locker room means nothing. It definitely wasn’t a thing during the Summer of Favre and if Aaron did it , everything would be smooooootttthhh sailing . Give me a break. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Point is, it’s more than likely that we’re going to hand the keys over to Love without knowing how he’ll be. And if/when that happens and he can’t play then it’s a massive failure for Gute.

Yes, its a big deal if he goes public, its going to be awkward regardless this year with the uncertainty of the future at QB in 2022.   If Love is decent, this works out.  If he sucks, agree, massive failure.  

Having said that, I think he's going to be good but will have some expected growing pains.

Rodgers was 6-10 his first year.  

Edited by NFLGURU

So Rodgers didn't opt out, to no ones surprise! It is looking more likely that he shows up to camp and plays for the Packers this year. I'd put the odds on a trade this year at less than 5%. 

The only question remaining is when does he show up? Is he on time? Does he hold out for a day, a week, a month? 

Stay tuned! More drama to follow! 

I said a long time back he would likely show up on day 1 acting like nothing happened.  He can say to himself, "I showed them, I gave them a taste of their own medicine ... Hmpff !!"

I don't believe there will be any hold out whatsoever and he will play his guts out to win.

Very important here that the Packers don't blink in any way, and I don't think they will.

Edited by 15412
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

It is looking more likely that he shows up to camp and plays for the Packers this year.......The only question remaining is when does he show up? Is he on time? Does he hold out for a day, a week, a month?

Not sure exactly how long TC is.....but a month might be a bit too much. He probably needs less TC than many - but its not as if he doesnt need any.

Regardless.....taking the month off the list of possibilities......who cares if he stays out for a day/week? Sports and social media will have their flag to rally around....and thousands of fans will run to register their opinion over a thousand times.....but if we've learned *nothing* - not one thing (and we probably haven't......) its that sports/social media talk up chaos for a reason and it doesnt have a thing to do with facts or reality.

Another part of this is the Packers have to decide before Loves 4th year (2023) if they want his 5th option(2024).  Thats going to be about $20 million (IIRC).  

Not a requirement, but I think they'd like to see him play before making that decision.  That means playing in 2022 at some point. They could opt use the 5th year just by watching practice time,  preseason games, and selective reg season games.  but its another part of this scenario.  

When Murphy says the Packers want Rodgers to be the "QB for 2021 and beyond".  "And Beyond"  is interesting for 2022 knowing they *might* like to see Love play under reg season live fire before the 2023 decision.

Edited by NFLGURU