Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

36 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Amazing the fanbases we hear this from too lol. Like I turned 30 this year and I've watched two QBs in my lifetime. I think my team knows what they're doing.

This is funny, but I don’t think it’s intended to be. Are you saying that because GB traded for and developed favre, what, 30 years ago now that different people who drafted Love made the right choice? That’s just absurd. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Your fallacy hunting is cute lol

Your original post was vague and easily interpreted the way I did. Stop the madness. Your feigned indignation of being misunderstood is your damn fault for posting "you're in for a long 30 years"

....wait wait wait...what that OBVIOUSLY means is you won't have 3 more HOFers at QB

😂

Nice try, hero

Thanks. I don’t find your fallacies cute, tbh. Sorry. 

Anyway, I’ve told you exactly what I meant by my original post now. Certainly you don’t disagree. So we’re on the same page. Cheers.

Just now, malak1 said:

Thanks. I don’t find your fallacies cute, tbh. Sorry. 

Anyway, I’ve told you exactly what I meant by my original post now. Certainly you don’t disagree. So we’re on the same page. Cheers.

No fallacies existed to be cute or not cute.

I disagree that GB is in for a "long 30 years" but any reasonable interpretation of that statement. Cheers.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

No fallacies existed to be cute or not cute.

I disagree that GB is in for a "long 30 years" but any reasonable interpretation of that statement. Cheers.

Ha. The “30 years” was obviously a play on the dudes age. I should parse my words more carefully when on FF. Serious business. 

Also:

23 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You probably think Trevor Lawrence is more likely to be a HOFer than Jordan Love

Quite literally a strawman. 

Edited by malak1
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Am I essentially saying that? 

All I’m saying is that it is very unlikely that Love or the next few QBs who start for GB are HoFers like the last 2. Do you disagree?

For the record, no you weren’t saying that and it was very obvious that you weren’t. 

4 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

For the record, no you weren’t saying that and it was very obvious that you weren’t. 

I’m glad you can read my mind. Please tell me what I meant.

Just now, malak1 said:

I’m glad you can read my mind. Please tell me what I meant.

Im on your side dude. Weren’t you just arguing that it was pretty clear what your original post meant, I agree that it was clear and with the statement. 

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Im on your side dude. Weren’t you just arguing that it was pretty clear what your original post meant, I agree that it was clear and with the statement. 

My bad. It’s been a long 30 years for me as a bears fan. What do you want me to say? 😂😂

28 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

This is funny, but I don’t think it’s intended to be. Are you saying that because GB traded for and developed favre, what, 30 years ago now that different people who drafted Love made the right choice? That’s just absurd. 

I'm saying my team knows what they're doing, and it's funny to hear from fanbases that have dysfunctional front offices that this was a bad pick. Not making moves like this is the very reason they root for dysfunctional teams.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm saying my team knows what they're doing, and it's funny to hear from fanbases that have dysfunctional front offices that this was a bad pick. Not making moves like this is the very reason they root for dysfunctional teams.

To be fair, from them team’s perspective, I think it was a great pick. If you think you can get your next franchise QB, then go get him. Doesn’t mean I think Love will be good, just that if you’re the GM and you like him, then take him. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Why do you think your team knows what it’s doing more than most others? Do we need to go through a draft history with all the guys that didn’t produce much. Why didn’t they know what they were doing with those guys. Or, if they know so much, why have they only won one SB with a sure fire Hofer that’s likely a top 5 or so guy all time?

and people can be fans of bad teams, while also pointing out stupid mistakes for other teams. You realize we’re all just fans, right? Like, a fans fave team having a great draft doesn’t mean they automatically know more than one who had a bad one. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Why do you think your team knows what it’s doing more than most others? Do we need to go through a draft history with all the guys that didn’t produce much. Why didn’t they know what they were doing with those guys. Or, if they know so much, why have they only won one SB with a sure fire Hofer that’s likely a top 5 or so guy all time?

and people can be fans of bad teams, while also pointing out stupid mistakes for other teams. You realize we’re all just fans, right? Like, a fans fave team having a great draft doesn’t mean they automatically know more than one who had a bad one. 

I think the organizational consistency speaks for itself. 2 QBs, 4 GMs, 5 coaches (would probably be 3 had Holmgren not left prematurely) in a 3 decade span. 4 losing seasons since 1992, yeah I'm very comfortable saying my team "gets it" more than most.  The Saints won 1 SB with Brees, the Steelers have won 1 with Big Ben, the Colts won 1 with Manning, the Chargers won 0 with Rivers. Is there a non Brady example that's done better? The QB is the most important position in any sport. Kind of laughable to me that franchises like Atlanta, Detroit, Carolina, Denver, decided to pass on QBs with murky long term outlooks at the position.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Amazing the fanbases we hear this from too lol. Like I turned 30 this year and I've watched two QBs in my lifetime. I think my team knows what they're doing.

50 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I think the organizational consistency speaks for itself. 2 QBs, 4 GMs, 5 coaches (would probably be 3 had Holmgren not left prematurely) in a 3 decade span. 4 losing seasons since 1992, yeah I'm very comfortable saying my team "gets it" more than most.  The Saints won 1 SB with Brees, the Steelers have won 1 with Big Ben, the Colts won 1 with Manning, the Chargers won 0 with Rivers. Is there a non Brady example that's done better? The QB is the most important position in any sport. Kind of laughable to me that franchises like Atlanta, Detroit, Carolina, Denver, decided to pass on QBs with murky long term outlooks at the position.

Gems, truly.

And I root for New England, therefore any retort you (may) have is a joke because we’ve...won more championships, or whatever it is you were saying.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Ben Roethlisberger/Pitt have two. Im shocked you got that wrong because youre a GB fan and Im an ATL fan. How could it be possible? I mean, so much more success for GB. And you havent answered my question on their misses. How is it even possible for them to get their fair share wrong?

I find it laughble that a team would draft a QB with their first round pick with Aaron Rodgers at QB while the team is a legit super bowl contender. Now theyre in the position where the either wasted years of game development, burning through a rookie deal, and hoping (which is far from the right word) that Rodgers play drops just enough that they can justify moving on next year. Which by the way is year 3 of Loves rookie deal, knock on wood would have started zero games and will have had very little game experience period. GB shoot their shot too early and its coming back to bite them. Now obviously both of our stance are opinions, and what should be obvious is neither of our opinions are more correct based off how much success the teams we root for have.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

I find it laughble that a team would draft a QB with their first round pick with Aaron Rodgers at QB while the team is a legit super bowl contender. Now theyre in the position where the either wasted years of game development, burning through a rookie deal, and hoping (which is far from the right word) that Rodgers play drops just enough that they can justify moving on next year. Which by the way is year 3 of Loves rookie deal, knock on wood would have started zero games and will have had very little game experience period. GB shoot their shot too early and its coming back to bite them. Now obviously both of our stance are opinions, and what should be obvious is neither of our opinions are more correct based off how much success the teams we root for have.

And I find it incredible we get push back for having this opinion. I can only assume it's because it still hurts and they're in the denial stage. I'd be really annoyed.

• Like 1