Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, DawgX said:

I hope Rogers gets traded and the Packers end up in QB purgatory for the next 20 years.

I know it's not all GB fans, but a lot of them have complained about Rogers for a few years now. Talk about an insanely spoiled fanbase when it comes to QB play, and a fanbase that no one will feel bad for if they go a couple of decades with absolute trash at QB.

They probably weren’t alive during the 70’s and 80’s.

8 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I don't think there's ever been any actual report that Rodgers is upset about the team not getting him more weapons. That's purely a fan narrative. That has never come from his actual camp. All reports have suggested Rodgers is just concerned about the uncertainty around his future with Green Bay from their end, which is reasonable given Love, the franchise's history, and how his contract is slated to progress.

I'm not a huge personal fan of Rodgers's by any means, but it's so weird to me to see how confidently so many people are saying he's upset they haven't drafted a WR or something, when that has never actually been a part of the story.

It's the nature of the league. There's no such thing as loyalty.

Belichick didn't want Brady back. Instead of publicly whining about it like Rodgers, Brady handeled the situation like a man.

What would the asking price be? CBS guys are saying they heard Denver has 3 first rounders on the table.

I personally find that insane strictly given how old Rodgers is. I know hes really good still, but basically paying a 1st rounder for each of the years he has left in his career is a touch too much.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

What would the asking price be? CBS guys are saying they heard Denver has 3 first rounders on the table.

I personally find that insane strictly given how old Rodgers is. I know hes really good still, but basically paying a 1st rounder for each of the years he has left in his career is a touch too much.

if we turned down 3 first rounders for him I'll be irate lol

This narrative I'm seeing pushed that the Packers have been doing Rodgers dirty for years is BS. Yes, I've seen how GB has spent their 1st rounders in the Rodgers era, but let's get 2 things clear

1) There are more ways to acquire offensive talent than the 1st round

2) There's a reason GB has consistently drafted defense over offense: defense has been the weakest link (thanks in large part to Rodgers making the offense so strong).

The Packers priority is to win SBs, not add to Rodgers individual trophy case.

Would anyone look at Rodgers GB career and say he hasn't had talent around him? There was the twilight years of McCarthy, where old talent died, the offense got stale, Rodgers himself seemed to play worse, etc., but outside of that? You've got an incredible group of WRs and good run game in that 2010-2014 run, and then now you've built up one of the best OLs in the league and given Rodgers the best WR he's ever had. I'm not saying he's spoiled the same way Peyton in Denver was or Brady was in TB, but they've given him plenty. Furthermore, the whole luxury of a HOF QB is that you don't need to invest as much in the offense since you can trust your QB does not need a perfect situation to thrive, allowing you to invest more in defense or the run game, and hopefully win SBs. 

You could argue the Packers have done Rodgers dirty in that they simply have not drafted well enough or been active enough in FA, but that's a different story altogether then intentionally doing him dirty that I'm seeing the media paint a picture of.

2020 draft is bad, yes. No arguments there. Old QB goes 13-3 where the offense may have actually been the weak link, and instead of providing him with firepower you draft his replacement. Ok, yeah, I'd be very mad and feel disrespected... but then 2020 happens, despite the 1st not being spent on any weapons, Rodgers found himself with a very good supporting cast, played very well, and Packers knocked on the door of a SB. At that point, Packers can admit their mistake, see Rodgers still has it, and give him his worth. So either they're not doing that (hard to believe), or this is an ego thing with Rodgers and he is not forgiving them for doubting him in 2020...

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Rodgers has made over $200MM, and sure he couldn't make most of that back....probably not a big issue with him at this point of his frustration. 

Edited by Cutler06

QBs are such drama queens I swear lol. Wentz quits on the Eagles cause they drafted a QB in the second round. Rodgers wants out of GB cause they draft a project QB in round 1 after he had the worst season of his career. Wilson wants more say in the draft like that would actually improve anything...

The only QB who actually deserved to have a gripe with their team is now in serious legal issues and may never play another down in the NFL...

Really makes you respect Brady for doing what he did that much more. Guy never made a big scene about leaving NE. Just realized that it was time and did his thing.

• Like 1

I was listening to some sports show and they were saying how the Packers have been trying to ease Rodgers out of the door for a year or two now. From the team perspective, why don't they embrace Rodgers and run through a wall for him? You see how Tampa Bay does whatever it takes to appease Brady and then the players are willing to take less, etc.

Why does it appear that the Packers feel like they could do without Rodgers?

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

I was listening to some sports show and they were saying how the Packers have been trying to ease Rodgers out of the door for a year or two now. From the team perspective, why don't they embrace Rodgers and run through a wall for him? You see how Tampa Bay does whatever it takes to appease Brady and then the players are willing to take less, etc.

Why does it appear that the Packers feel like they could do without Rodgers?

Because I feel like they are trying to get out before his age makes him fall off a cliff and then they cant trade him.