Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

46 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

The Packers have 10+ wins 18 times in the last 26 years and we have to hear from clowns about how Green Bay does not surround A-A-Ron with enough talent.

GB had an All Pro LT, All Pro C, All Pro WR in 2020

RB.....pretty good.   LG......pretty good.  

Defense had an All Pro EDGE and CB

NT... pretty good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

GB had an All Pro LT, All Pro C, All Pro WR in 2020

RB.....pretty good.   LG......pretty good.  

Defense had an All Pro EDGE and CB

NT... pretty good

YPC

Jim Brown 5.2

Aaron Jones 5.2

Yeah, he's pretty good.

The fact that we can sit here and say Aaron Rodger's needs help, while they had the #1 Offense in the NFL last year, while having: 

One of if not the best WR in the NFL (Davante Adams)

One of if not the best LT in the NFL (David Bakhtiari)

One of the top Running Backs in the NFL (Aaron Jones)

One of the top Cornerbacks in the NFL (Jaire Alexander)

One of the top DT's in the NFL (Kenny Clark)

One of the top IOL in the NFL (Elgton Jenkins)

One of the top OC in the NFL (Linsley - last year not this)

The promising young picks in Darnell Savage // Rashan Gary 

The Smith Brothers/Amos signings (Despite Preston's down year last year)

All of this is accomplished on Aaron Rodger's salary cap, he's being paid to ascend the talent around him, if he doesn't want that responsibility do like Tom Brady did and take a fu**ing pay cut or stfu. So sick and tired of this narrative. Oh and btw he's also thrown passes to Greg Jennings, James Jones, Donald Driver, Jordy Nelson, Jermichael Finley and Jared Cook. 

Are we spoiled as Green Bay Packer fans? Yeah we are, I wont deny that but so has Aaron Rodger's been. Give me a break.

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

The fact that we can sit here and say Aaron Rodger's needs help, while they had the #1 Offense in the NFL last year, while having: 

One of if not the best WR in the NFL (Davante Adams)

One of if not the best LT in the NFL (David Bakhtiari)

One of the top Running Backs in the NFL (Aaron Jones)

One of the top Cornerbacks in the NFL (Jaire Alexander)

One of the top DT's in the NFL (Kenny Clark)

One of the top IOL in the NFL (Elgton Jenkins)

One of the top OC in the NFL (Linsley - last year not this)

The promising young picks in Darnell Savage // Rashan Gary 

The Smith Brothers/Amos signings (Despite Preston's down year last year)

All of this is accomplished on Aaron Rodger's salary cap, he's being paid to ascend the talent around him, if he doesn't want that responsibility do like Tom Brady did and take a fu**ing pay cut or stfu. So sick and tired of this narrative. Oh and btw he's also thrown passes to Greg Jennings, James Jones, Donald Driver, Jordy Nelson, Jermichael Finley and Jared Cook. 

Are we spoiled as Green Bay Packer fans? Yeah we are, I wont deny that but so has Aaron Rodger's been. Give me a break.

It's true, they've got a very good team around him. About as good as you can get while you have a franchise QB making top dollar and not getting high draft picks every year. People need to stop acting like a team like the Packers can just get players like the Bucs did over the past several years. The NFL gives advantages to the bad franchises, it's a fact of life.

2 minutes ago, A_Biased_Fan said:

It's true, they've got a very good team around him. About as good as you can get while you have a franchise QB making top dollar and not getting high draft picks every year. People need to stop acting like a team like the Packers can just get players like the Bucs did over the past several years. The NFL gives advantages to the bad franchises, it's a fact of life.

Tom Brady's Salary cap in 2020 and 2021:

2020: $28,375,000

2021: $10, 545,588

Total: $38,920,588

Aaron Rodger's Salary Cap in just 2021:

$37,202,000

I don't care what the Bucs are doing, if he wants us to put weapons around him like TB is doing for Tom, tell him to follow suit with Tom and play for less money. Simple as that. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

Tom Brady's Salary cap in 2020 and 2021:

2020: $28,375,000

2021: $10, 545,588

Total: $38,920,588

Aaron Rodger's Salary Cap in just 2021:

$37,202,000

I don't care what the Bucs are doing, if he wants us to put weapons around him like TB is doing for Tom, tell him to follow suit with Tom and play for less money. Simple as that. 

I think he knows that, so the easy solution is stick the Packers with dead money and go to another team with the cap hit of 16 million.  

I think he was crushed by losing to Brady.  He knows that he will never catch Brady statistically, so beating him in head to head play would have soothed the ego.  Now he wants his cake and eat it too.  Go to a well stocked team that just needs a QB, keep all the cash he has made on the signing bonus, jettison the cap hit from the signing bonus, and just take the cap hit of this years money.

Makes sense for him, especially if he thought he could get his childhood dream of winning the Super Bowl with the 49ers. 

Sucks for the fans of Green Bay though.  If he can hold a grudge with his family the way he has, then I think this ends poorly for us Packer fans.

• Like 3

Maybe, just maybe Rodgers is an overrated choke artist? The only constant in GB's postseason failures has been him. They've surrounded him with talent and even changed coaches to appease him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SkippyX said:

YPC

Jim Brown 5.2

Aaron Jones 5.2

Yeah, he's pretty good.

8 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Did you really just compare Aaron Jones to Jim Brown?

I actually think Skippy might be onto something with this new single-stat-as-the-entire-point argument style.

Tom Brady Career INTs - 191
Jameis Winston Career INTs - 88

The Bucs cut a young 1st overall pick to sign an ancient turnover machine. 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, A_Biased_Fan said:

People need to stop acting like a team like the Packers can just get players like the Bucs did over the past several years. The NFL gives advantages to the bad franchises, it's a fact of life.

This. Aaron Rodgers has kept GB in the top 10 for over a decade while TB has been in and out of the bottom 5 in that same time frame adding talent through the draft and spending money outside of QB while there was no Aaron Rodgers type cash on the books. This TB team was already assembled BEFORE Brady got there.