Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

And I find it incredible we get push back for having this opinion. I can only assume it's because it still hurts and they're in the denial stage. I'd be really annoyed.

Lol, I am great with the pick. Excited that we're developing the next QB and giving him the greatest chance for success when he takes over. Crazy that smart franchises are this hard for some people to grasp.

8 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Gems, truly.

And I root for New England, therefore any retort you (may) have is a joke because we’ve...won more championships, or whatever it is you were saying.

You have the best run franchise of the last 20 years. It's almost like BB did this very thing and then when Brady stayed playing at an elite level, he traded him for capital. First draft this year that he was picking high enough to get a QB, and he took a QB. 

Don't understand your argument at all, unless you don't understand how your organization is run. Pretty clear they value QB play at the same level ours does.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Lol, I am great with the pick. Excited that we're developing the next QB and giving him the greatest chance for success when he takes over. Crazy that smart franchises are this hard for some people to grasp.

why is this the path for the greatest chance for success. No real game experience for at least two years, and again, if Rodgers plays even just "good", GB is dumb for getting rid of him. Which would then push love out to year 4 on his rookie deal with no clue if hes the guy or not. Seems pretty iffy to me. Get a QB in a year or two or three, instead of using a first to draft a guy with no shot of helping now on a legitimate SB contender. 

But I guess your opinion is better because GB has had more success and your a fan of that team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

You have the best run franchise of the last 20 years. It's almost like BB did this very thing and then when Brady stayed playing at an elite level, he traded him for capital. First draft this year that he was picking high enough to get a QB, and he took a QB. 

Don't understand your argument at all, unless you don't understand how your organization is run. Pretty clear they value QB play at the same level ours does.

yup, NE took a QB and likely plans to sit him a year. maybe. Not to sit three years. And NE aints a SB contender.

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

yup, NE took a QB and likely plans to sit him a year. maybe. Not to sit three years. And NE aints a SB contender.

How long did Jimmy G sit? You don't think had Brady aged more like Manning and was seriously declining by his late 30s that they wouldn't have made the call to go with him? It will be no different in GB. Rodgers will remain the QB until he shows serious decline (or at least that was their plan until he decided to get dramatic) and Love will be there to take over when that occurs. We don't need to play a Ryan Fitzpatrick type QB for a year or two while we tank and hope that we're bad enough to land a franchise QB. The transition is planned.

12 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Amazing the fanbases we hear this from too lol. Like I turned 30 this year and I've watched two QBs in my lifetime. I think my team knows what they're doing.

Um, none of the people who drafted Aaron Rodgers are even on the team anymore, right? I mean there was a flip at HC and GM - nobody who made that Rodgers pick was around to select Love.

You team isn't some sentient organism that makes decisions on its own. You don't have to be a fan of a successful franchise to understand that a team doesn't make this decision, the people in the FO make this decision. 

This is a truly baffling statement. How do you think this works? Do the Packers FO sit around a Oujia board and summon the spirit of Vince Lombardi?

This take is "LT is overrated because he might get injured" bad... wow.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Um, none of the people who drafted Aaron Rodgers are even on the team anymore, right? I mean there was a flip at HC and GM - nobody who made that Rodgers pick was around to select Love.

You team isn't some sentient organism that makes decisions on its own. You don't have to be a fan of a successful franchise to understand that a team doesn't make this decision, the people in the FO make this decision. 

This is a truly baffling statement. How do you think this works? Do the Packers FO sit around a Oujia board and summon the spirit of Vince Lombardi?

This take is "LT is overrated because he might get injured" bad... wow.

Most of our front office was here when we drafted Rodgers, they were area scouts/lower level positions, but Gute was in the room when we picked Rodgers.

Gute was an intern under Ron Wolf, who rose up the ranks all the way to a director of personnel under Thompson (a guy who rose those ranks with Ron Wolf as GM). The only non Wolf tree GM we've had since 1992 is the awful Sherman experiment.

Everyone else hired to GM roles outside the organization has done a great job as well, and Wolf is now in the HOF.

I get that it's not common for so much consistency in a FO, but that comment shows you really aren't up to speed on this subject. The Packers have been doing it the same way for 30 years now.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Most of our front office was here when we drafted Rodgers, they were area scouts/lower level positions, but Gute was in the room when we picked Rodgers.

Gute was an intern under Ron Wolf, who rose up the ranks all the way to a director of personnel under Thompson (a guy who rose those ranks with Ron Wolf as GM). The only non Wolf tree GM we've had since 1992 is the awful Sherman experiment.

Everyone else hired outside the organization has done a great job as well and Wolf is now in the HOF.

I get that it's not common for so much consistency in a FO, but that comment shows you really aren't up to speed on this subject. The Packers have been doing it the same way for 30 years now.

This in itself lends a change in philosophy, methodology, technology available - things change in 30 years, even if people in the room remain consistent.

Do you think Ron Wolf and co had access to advanced analytics that are now commonplace? Did they have advance force plate testing to project an athletes' physical development? Did he have access to any predictive analytics?

I'm going to wager the answer is no.

Sure, a few guys were scouts and watched film, and climbed their way to the top. I'll concede that. But methodology has changed drastically in the last 10 years, let alone 30 years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This in itself lends a change in philosophy, methodology, technology available - things change in 30 years, even if people in the room remain consistent.

Do you think Ron Wolf and co had access to advanced analytics that are now commonplace? Did they have advance force plate testing to project an athletes' physical development? Did he have access to any predictive analytics?

I'm going to wager the answer is no.

Sure, a few guys were scouts and watched film, and climbed their way to the top. I'll concede that. But methodology has changed drastically in the last 10 years, let alone 30 years.

How you get from point A to point B isn't important. The fact is the philosophy of what those points are hasn't changed.

The importance of the QB position was something Wolf believed in. He wanted to draft one every single year. We don't take it to that extent anymore, but it's clear that philosophy remains. Each GM has done something the masses thought was stupid, from trading a first round pick for a doofus nobody wasting away in Atlanta while you had the Majik man playing pretty well for the organization, to drafting Rodgers with a HOF QB on the roster, and now a similar situation with Love. Even if Love fails, it's still the right call to value the position in this way.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Even if Love fails, it's still the right call to value the position in this way.

You say this now, while Love hasn't passed or failed. I can all but guarantee your tune will change if Love doesn't live up to those lofty expectations.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

You say this now, while Love hasn't passed or failed. I can all but guarantee your tune will change if Love doesn't live up to those lofty expectations.

Why? What did we lose? We've had first round picks bust before, yet it hasn't stopped us from being contenders every year. You think swapping Love for Tee Higgins makes us the SB Champs last year or the heavy favorite this year? It's one pick. Not like we pulled off a San Fran move and gave us multiple future 1s to go get him. We're in at a pretty low cost.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Even if Love fails, it's still the right call to value the position in this way.

Potentially squandering a sure thing MVP year in and year out level talent for a complete unknown does not strike me as valuing the position. 

• Like 1