Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

yes it is

i just proved it. I can't help it if you can't recognize it.

The funny thing is, I think there's a less than 50% chance Funchess even makes the roster this year lol. He's a fringe roster player at this point in his career after missing 2 years of football.

But I don't get my panties in a bunch and can separate today from 1,2,3,4 years ago and analyze the situation without leaning on current information. The fact is that Funchess is a former #1 WR who was paid like a low-end #3 WR in GB with the hopes he could possibly live up to average #2 WR production.

Just mind-boggling how some of you feel the need to twist it into anything other than what I've consistently said. Is nobody reading?

Riveting Narrative GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

Why are you referencing bulk stats for one data set, and then comparing that to per game stats for Funchess? It wouldn't happen to be because it damages your narrative to use the same data for both groups, would it?

If we actually compare per game for every WR in the league, the average of the 33rd to 64th WR in 2020 would actually come out to 819 yards per 16. 80 yards below average #2. And he would actually be 58th in yards if we compared both across that.

Plus there's the whole target share thing. He had 111 targets in 2017, the average number of targets for a #2  was 82.9. So his numbers were wildly inflated by the fact that the next WR on the depth chart for half the year was a guy who had 200 total yards. If we actually take his yards per target for those two years and compare it to 2020 wide receivers, he would rank 85th. 

So in conclusion….

Absolutely not. Not in any way, except in manipulating data can you come to this conclusion.

I haven't manipulated or cherry picked any statistics at all.

He was clearly the #1 WR in Carolina through ~16 games in 2017 and 2018 as I've always stated, and he's clearly produced like an average #2 WR when healthy. Again. I've consistently said all of these things. It's literally putting numbers into words. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

No, it’s not. I have always defined WR1 by skill-level. 20 years at least. There is not 32 WR1’s in the NFL. If the Raiders cut all their WR’s, hired John Cena as WR1, and WR1 on their depth chart, that does not mean he is a WR1 in the NFL. He would still be a practice level player and not even a WR4 skill level. The Raiders making him WR1, doesn’t mean he is a WR1.  

I guarantee 99% of football fans view this differently than you lol. WR1 is a skill level. WR2 is a skill level. Etc. If I’m ever talking about a Depth Chart, I will say “WR1 on the Depth Chart”. 

I agree that 99% of fantasy football players think exactly like you do. No argument here.

Figured this wasn't just a fantasy football level analysis here, however.

Has nothing to do with fantasy. Like, literally no relation in any way. None. WR1, WR2, etc has always been a skill level. People have done the same thing with CB’s. CB1 skill-level, CB2 skill-level, etc. is he a Upper Tier Lockdown CB1? Is he a Mid Tier CB1? Is he a Upper Tier CB2? 

Is your CB core sucky and you have a Mid Tier CB2 as CB1 on your depth chart? 

So, does CB also relate to Fantasy Football? No. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Not trolling or anything, legitimately curious on your perspective on this.

How would you define Tyrell Williams and/or Breshad Perriman of the Lions in 2021? One of those guys is going to be WR1 on the depth chart (most likely) but most teams would probably be view each as 'solid depth' and be looking to find someone like a Julio Jones/Ja'Marr Chase, etc. If I have either of those guys I am looking to compliment them as opposed to wanting to upgrade from them (with the proper team built around them). 

One of those guys will draw #1 CB coverage, be the primary read on more routes than the other guys, and almost certainly be the higher producing WR. The coaches ultimately define what a REAL #1 WR is. The offensive coaches try to get him the ball more and the defensive coaches try to stop him more (by rotating coverage).

Some teams will have their #2 WR be better than Detroits #1 option.

HOWEVER, the law of averages works out such that GENERALLY each team will have a WR who is better than the 2nd and 3rd options of MOST other teams. This will get muddled at the bottom of each tier, and I've stated numerous times that Funchess was a low-end #1 - but he was still the primary target (and threat) and produced like a bottom-tier #1 during that stretch when he was in the role.

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Has nothing to do with fantasy. Like, literally no relation in any way. None. WR1, WR2, etc has always been a skill level. People have done the same thing with CB’s. CB1 skill-level, CB2 skill-level, etc. is he a Upper Tier Lockdown CB1? Is he a Mid Tier CB1? Is he a Upper Tier CB2? 

Are we talking about IDP leagues?

It's ok... I'll show myself out...

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

it is 100% because of fantasy football

find me any example of any actual NFL person that talks about how there are only 15 "#1 WRs" in the league. It's nonsensical.