2021 NFL Draft: Day One Thread

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

The “just trust Ron Rivera” stuff is getting annoying. 

I “trust Ron Rivera” with defensive selections. He’s been picking good defenders for a long time & developing them. I don’t see any reason to doubt him other than your just upset they didn’t take your Hokie.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Most of the players this year have that issue. 

When we drafted Rocky McIntosh he already had knee issues from college & Rocky was pretty solid for us. He wasn’t a pro bowler but he was a good Lb for us.

Is this going to be your pick where you complain about and complain about it to no end like Antonio Gibson Last year?

Yes. Most likely will be lol. 

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Was he even seen as a second round pick before he ran fast? I mean, I just don’t understand this? Just take the playmaker or the stud LT. JOK makes plays. He’s all over the field. Why do this? Why reach for an inferior player? It just doesn’t make sense to me at all

He was already 17 in Kiper’s mock a week before his Pro Day, so he’s not just a workout riser. One of the other analysts had him in round 1 prior to those numbers coming out as well. 

Also, I’ve watched every snap of him that’s out there. And I really have to tell you, the kid was impressive. Not just straight line speed. He takes great angles and routes, he’s probably better getting off and around blocks than anybody else in the draft, and he finishes plays off. And I think he’s a legit MLB, which to me is far higher on the positional totem pole than WLB or any safety spot at least. 

One year starter is the big concern for me. Haven’t seen him do it consistently. But what he did do was seriously high level.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

He was already 17 in Kiper’s mock a week before his Pro Day, so he’s not just a workout riser. One of the other analysts had him in round 1 prior to those numbers coming out as well. 

Also, I’ve watched every snap of him that’s out there. And I really have to tell you, the kid was impressive. Not just straight line speed. He takes great angles and routes, he’s probably better getting off and around blocks than anybody else in the draft, and he finishes plays off. And I think he’s a legit MLB, which to me is far higher on the positional totem pole than WLB or any safety spot at least. 

One year starter is the big concern for me. Haven’t seen him do it consistently. But what he did do was seriously high level.

Love it! Thanks E! I really hope he can beat out Bostic to be our starting MLB this year, if not I hope he does enough to start at WLB.

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t hate Jamin Davis. I think there was better players available. When you start having to explain why a draft choice wasn’t a reach then it was probably a reach. 

I mean in all fairness. People only have been having to explain it to you. So maybe that says more about you than Jamin Davis.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Love it! Thanks E! I really hope he can beat out Bostic to be our starting MLB this year, if not I hope he does enough to start at WLB.

If he can’t beat out Bostic that certainly doesn’t bode well for his future in the league lol

• Like 1