43 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the Pick

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

10 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

I really like what I'm seeing so far. I think you can use him like a Dak Prescott or Josh Allen where he mostly operates from the pocket with some RPO mixed in to keep defenses honest and generate chunk plays. He's going to shine against man coverage with his ability to throw deep or take off and run.

This is where it all falls on Nagy...was his scheme so short passed based because he wanted it to be or because Trubisky & every other QB forced it to be? Fields allows you to throw deep...Nagy has to make sure he is given ample opportunity to do so in order to open up the running game overall. 

10 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:
10 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

So does this mean you won't be trading for Gardner Minshew?  :D

With our bad luck at QB....I'm all for going after every QB in every round of the draft for the next 5 years until we get it right lol.

Its not the QBs its the management and coaching that needs to change.  If we had drafted mahomes and the chiefs got mitch, i still see them winning the superbowl or at least deep playoff runs, and mahomes will be labeled a BUST

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

All you sit and learn guys.  I want to know what skill you want to learn by watching someone else do it for a year.  

That's a very simplistic viewpoint. If only the game were that easy.

Here, I'll let Rodgers explain the benefits to you since he would know better than either of us.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bears/ct-aaron-rodgers-mitch-trubisky-rookie-growth-20170926-story.html

But Rodgers explained the potential benefits of a gradual transition.

"There's a lot of growth that can happen sitting on the bench," he said. "You can really gain in confidence every single day of practice. You can come along at your own speed. You're obviously not dealing with the pressure every week of having to perform, which is a real thing. You come along and learn the league, learn how to be a professional and learn how to take care of your body."

Practices were his game days. Running the scout team allowed him to throw against Pro Bowl defensive backs Charles Woodson and Al Harris.

"You're taking some chances on the (scout team)," Rodgers said. "Knowing how to fit balls in spots or use your eyes for some major eye-control stuff and some look-off plays. Just working on things every single day."

Without wins and losses to measure his progress, Rodgers focused on completions.

"Work on my fundamentals," he said. "Work on my footwork; try and get my timing down. Try and put some of the plays that we were running of the other team's into our language, so you start to work on timing up drops with the receiver routes.

"And just going through your progressions. Putting together some of the fronts with the shell and the coverage and the pressures. Just trying to treat those like really important reps every day."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BearsFanForever said:

Its not the QBs its the management and coaching that needs to change.  If we had drafted mahomes and the chiefs got mitch, i still see them winning the superbowl or at least deep playoff runs, and mahomes will be labeled a BUST

No lol. Mitch wouldn't have been able to hit Hill deep downfield.

It's a good thing you guys traded up.  I heard on local media here in Minnesota that the Vikings were very interested in Fields and that there is a good chance they would have taken him if he had fallen to 14.  Big props to Pace/Nagy for being aggressive and doing what they had to do to get their guy.  That had to be even harder after missing on Trubisky.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

That's a very simplistic viewpoint. If only the game were that easy.

Here, I'll let Rodgers explain the benefits to you since he would know better than either of us.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bears/ct-aaron-rodgers-mitch-trubisky-rookie-growth-20170926-story.html

Every guy who sat and then succeeded says that.  But there are dozens who failed who don’t get their story told

Manning and every guy that started from day 1 says exact opposite.

So if you are going to appeal to authority who is right?  Manning and Aikman or Rodgers and Mahomes? 

I know I would rather get reps and play then hold a clipboard and watch.  But you do you.

• Like 1

Just now, topwop1 said:

Who the heck graded this pick as a D? xD

Smells of Packers 😂...

What I really love is if Fields goes on to become a franchise QB then Rodgers dangling himself in front of Denver probably got them to pass on him and allowed him to land with us...it's poetic 😂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Every guy who sat and then succeeded says that.  But there are dozens who failed who don’t get their story told

There are even more who have been thrown into the fire and failed.

Ideally I would like Fields to sit and learn for the reasons Rodgers mentioned, but I also don't think it's a realistic expectation either.

2 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

There are even more who have been thrown into the fire and failed.

Ideally I would like Fields to sit and learn for the reasons Rodgers mentioned, but I also don't think it's a realistic expectation either.

It always plays out same.  We are going to sit our star young qb for whole year and he is going to absorb info by osmosis.   

If he isn’t playing behind a guy having a pro bowl season it isn’t happening.   You may as well give him the reps so he can at least survive.