Grade the Pick  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the Pick

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

The 49ers traded their 12th-overall pick, a 2022 third-round compensatory pick and first-round picks in 2022 and 2023 for the Miami Dolphins No. 3 overall selection. Ended up with Lance. Bears gave up so much less and ended up with Fields, who is a better level prospect.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

I literally could not be happier. This was a dream scenario.

Yep, yep, yep.  Wanted Watson in 2017 but I was ok w/ Mitch bc I really liked all 3 guys a lot.  I have been on Justin Fields since the end of the year.  Even back when I was anti QB, I said if they are going to trade up, I would only accept it for Lawrence or Fields.  The board broke the Bears way big time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

He's not. Fields is sitting all of 2021. (and he should)

Don't count on it. Nagy already knows what he's getting with Dalton and damn sure knows he can't make it work with Foles. We'll see Fields at the the first sign of trouble with Dalton.

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

Don't count on it. Nagy already knows what he's getting with Dalton and damn sure knows he can't make it work with Foles. We'll see Fields at the the first sign of trouble with Dalton.

They would be idiots if they did so.

• Like 1

Fields is a proper talent who has every trait to succeed in the NFL...my only question mark on him as a pro is his ability to get through his progressions and get the ball out on time but that is mostly down to the scheme he played in...in terms of size, athletic ability, arm, leadership & playmaking ability he is elite across the board...

Only thing I would like to know more about is what happened at Georgia? Why couldn't he beat out Fromm? Even with that most of those questions have been answered at Ohio State given his development.

Just now, G08 said:

They would be idiots if they did so.

I want him to sit too. Take the same route as Mahomes and Rodgers and let him learn and not throw him into the fire. I wanted the same for Mitch. But Nagy knows this move buys him time but it's not gonna save him either.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, malagabears said:

The 49ers traded their 12th-overall pick, a 2022 third-round compensatory pick and first-round picks in 2022 and 2023 for the Miami Dolphins No. 3 overall selection. Ended up with Lance. Bears gave up so much less and ended up with Fields, who is a better level prospect.

But John Lynch is such a better GM than Pace right? At least that's what the common belief is out there 

Only time will tell with these two guys but I like what Bears gave up way better considering we got who I think is the better prospect

Just now, Madmike90 said:

Fields is a proper talent who has every trait to succeed in the NFL...my only question mark on him as a pro is his ability to get through his progressions and get the ball out on time but that is mostly down to the scheme he played in...in terms of size, athletic ability, arm, leadership & playmaking ability he is elite across the board...

Only thing I would like to know more about is what happened at Georgia? Why couldn't he beat out Fromm? Even with that most of those questions have been answered at Ohio State given his development.

The not getting thru his progressions was a false narrative that was disproved.  He threw to his 2nd and 3rd reads at a higher % than every other QB in the top 5.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, G08 said:

He's not. Fields is sitting all of 2021. (and he should)

If Fields does well enough in camp and preseason if Dalton goes down Fo.es will finish the game and Fields will start the next game.

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

The not getting thru his progressions was a false narrative that was disproved.  He threw to his 2nd and 3rd reads at a higher % than every other QB in the top 5.

I mean more in terms of the NFL level...Haskins got though his reads in that Ohio State offence...different game now.