Titans Select: 1st Round Pick- Caleb Farley

KingTitan

My CB1 in the draft and #9 overall. If not for the back, he's in my Top 5. Legit low 4.4 speed, insane cover skills, can mirror routes being a former WR, insaneeee ball skills, 26 passer rating against, can play all corner positions, good height, and tremendous IQ. 

His back doesn't concern me much. The "always" have a back problem is a complete myth. Also, his second back surgery was always going to happen. The first surgery was to repair his L5 and they wanted to see if his S1 would heal on its own which they knew it probably wouldn't. It didn't and they did the S1 surgery. Most sports players who have L5/S1 surgery have no future back problems. 

Personally, he's my best corner to come out since Ramsey, although certainly not quite Ramsey-level. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

My CB1 in the draft and #9 overall. If not for the back, he's in my Top 5. Legit low 4.4 speed, insane cover skills, can mirror routes being a former WR, insaneeee ball skills, 26 passer rating against, can play all corner positions, good height, and tremendous IQ. 

His back doesn't concern me much. The "always" have a back problem is a complete myth. Also, his second back surgery was always going to happen. The first surgery was to repair his L5 and they wanted to see if his S1 would heal on its own which they knew it probably wouldn't. It didn't and they did the S1 surgery. Most sports players who have L5/S1 surgery have no future back problems. 

Personally, he's my best corner to come out since Ramsey, although certainly not quite Ramsey-level. 

Who are some athletes that have come back from L5/S1 surgeries? Not debating I just don’t know much about the injury or of any athletes that have had it 

8 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Who are some athletes that have come back from L5/S1 surgeries? Not debating I just don’t know much about the injury or of any athletes that have had it 

I could be wrong but I think Gronk had that surgery coming out of college or atleast something similar

Someone on my radio station was talking about Farley and his surgery around draft day and they were asking what’s the deal with him and how serious is the surgery he got 

I believe the writer said Gronk had it and he turned out ok

The problem with that type of surgery is not only is it a concern to your back, it starts to become a concern to other parts of your body due to compensation and imbalance. I believe you will see other injuries in other parts of his body due to compensation. Having a microdiscectemy will ultimately lead to more back pain. Something he will always have to deal with due to rubbing. And will probably lead to more back surgery which is never good. 

Then add the fact that he has had an acl surgery. Either way he just looks injury prone at this point. 

At the end of the day, it would not be surprising to see his career cut short due to repetitive injuries. Or just see a player that is really great when he gets on the field but fails to stay on the field consistently. How many times did the Pats lose Gronk to injuries.

I would not complain about him at all the having a great ability to stay on the field. But to be honest that is a far cry at this point because he hasn’t been on the field in 17 months.

As we all know the best ability is availability. And I know a lot of us will sure be unhappy if Farley can’t stay on the field. 

https://docflynn.com/2016/12/02/gronks-surgery-explained/

18 hours ago, dtait93 said:

I think Ilkay Gundogan had something similar done, around 2014. Now, aged 30, he is having the best year of his career and is going to play in the UEFA Champions League final.

I also have a friend of mine, professional footballer (soccer player) as well, that has suffered from a herniated disc around 2016. For like a whole month, he couldn't move at all out of bed. He has recovered completely without surgery and is still playing football.

That's just what came to mind. Obviously, this won't put any worry to rest, but I trust that they are confident in his recovery, as well as the reports that multiple teams had him cleared as well. 

4 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

The problem with that type of surgery is not only is it a concern to your back, it starts to become a concern to other parts of your body due to compensation and imbalance. I believe you will see other injuries in other parts of his body due to compensation. Having a microdiscectemy will ultimately lead to more back pain. Something he will always have to deal with due to rubbing. And will probably lead to more back surgery which is never good. 

Then add the fact that he has had an acl surgery. Either way he just looks injury prone at this point. 

At the end of the day, it would not be surprising to see his career cut short due to repetitive injuries. Or just see a player that is really great when he gets on the field but fails to stay on the field consistently. How many times did the Pats lose Gronk to injuries.

I would not complain about him at all the having a great ability to stay on the field. But to be honest that is a far cry at this point because he hasn’t been on the field in 17 months.

As we all know the best ability is availability. And I know a lot of us will sure be unhappy if Farley can’t stay on the field. 

https://docflynn.com/2016/12/02/gronks-surgery-explained/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

I think Ilkay Gundogan had something similar done, around 2014. Now, aged 30, he is having the best year of his career and is going to play in the UEFA Champions League final.

I also have a friend of mine, professional footballer (soccer player) as well, that has suffered from a herniated disc around 2016. For like a whole month, he couldn't move at all out of bed. He has recovered completely without surgery and is still playing football.

That's just what came to mind. Obviously, this won't put any worry to rest, but I trust that they are confident in his recovery, as well as the reports that multiple teams had him cleared as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twotonebluenation said:

I think at the end of the day, people's bodies react different to injury, surgery, and recovery. This could end a lot of different ways, let's hope his body is great at recovering. 

Yeah. Even if he misses some time for future injuries, or if he’s not at 100 percent, it’s still a good pick. Farley at 80-90 percent is a good value at 22.

Ditto if he misses just a little time here and there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Yeah. Even if he misses some time for future injuries, or if he’s not at 100 percent, it’s still a good pick. Farley at 80-90 percent is a good value at 22.

Ditto if he misses just a little time here and there.

I’m perfectly fine if he redshirts this yr if we’re winning