Titans Select: 1st Round Pick- Caleb Farley

KingTitan

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Assuming he's healthy, how is everyone feeling about our corners heading in to 2021 compared to 2020? I know many were extremely disgruntled after the Butler+Adoree losses (personally I didn't have a problem with it).

2020: Jackson-Butler-Fulton-Joseph-Jackson

2021: Jenkins-Farley-Fulton-Johnson-Jackson

Farley and Fulton are admittedly pretty unknown given their lack of playing time over the past year, but boy is the corner room gushing with some very young talent. I think we're sitting pretty if the injuries iron out.

Well, I thought going into 2020 that we had one of the best groups of CBs in the league, so.....

But on paper, Jenkins and Butler are comparable.  Old CBs with great histories that might fall off of a cliff at any point.  Johnson and Joseph are comparable too: used to be great, but are a step too slow now to be anything other than depth.

Fulton will be an upgrade over Fulton last year, and the same with Jackson.  Rookie Farley is probably a downgrade from 2019 Adoree Jackson, but he has the potential to be way better.

I think we have a good group, and we should have a good core in Farley, Fulton, and Jackson for a few years (I really like Jackson as a long term depth player, which is a great value in the seventh).

Please football gods, bless us with health next year. We got so many guys coming off injuries, Lewan, Dupree, Farley. His confidence is on a 1000. Love his play when he is on the field. He could potential be insanely special and a crazy impact player, even immediately. We need guys like this to give us an attitude on d to match our smash mouth on offense. Hoping this works out bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twotonebluenation said:

Please football gods, bless us with health next year. We got so many guys coming off injuries, Lewan, Dupree, Farley. His confidence is on a 1000. Love his play when he is on the field. He could potential be insanely special and a crazy impact player, even immediately. We need guys like this to give us an attitude on d to match our smash mouth on offense. Hoping this works out bad.

I’m with you man. I pray he stays healthy because he provides something we’ve never had on this franchise before. We’ve had Samari Rolle, Pacman briefly, Finnegan, Jason McCourty. All under 6’0”.  We’ve never had a 6’2” 200+ pound CB, who also reportedly has sub 4.30 speed.  

Ideally he’d be able to matchup one on one with any type of WR size or/and speed wise. Whether it’s the Stefon Diggs of the worlds or DK Metcalf’s.

Edited by TitanSlim
  • Like 1

Farley may not have the speed of Adoree but he has better technique and a much more willing tackler. Farley in fact could quickly develop into a pro bowl level cb the only concern would be how his health holds up.  This to me greatly improves our secondary.  

6 hours ago, quiller said:

Farley may not have the speed of Adoree but he has better technique and a much more willing tackler. Farley in fact could quickly develop into a pro bowl level cb the only concern would be how his health holds up.  This to me greatly improves our secondary.  

If you believe reports he is maybe faster than Adoree and plays like it. 

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

If you believe reports he is maybe faster than Adoree and plays like it. 

I say this with caveat to take all Pro Day’s/Workout Performance Centers 40 times with a grain of salt but.....👀

Edited by TitanSlim

5 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I say this with caveat to take all Pro Day’s/Workout Performance Centers 40 times with a grain of salt but.....👀

Oh yeah, that WAS him. lol
I remember this doctored footage.  :)

Probably not a 4.28. But I'd say he is likely a 4.3 guy at worst.

I just now listened to that phone call, and I have to say, I love that Farley's first reaction is to start asking questions (seemingly when he can get the playbook).  Really seems like a guy who's ready to work.  And has a chip on his shoulder for being passed on by so many CB needy teams.  That's a good combo.

As bad as the Weaver thing looks, I still feel really good about this pick.  If nothing else, we should have a strong group of DBs this year.

10 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I just now listened to that phone call, and I have to say, I love that Farley's first reaction is to start asking questions (seemingly when he can get the playbook).  Really seems like a guy who's ready to work.  And has a chip on his shoulder for being passed on by so many CB needy teams.  That's a good combo.

As bad as the Weaver thing looks, I still feel really good about this pick.  If nothing else, we should have a strong group of DBs this year.

based on his interview with chris simms, i feel pretty comfortable saying farley has the kind of attitude we need on this defense. he's very similar to how AJ is on offense- confident to the point of cocky, but still all about the work.

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

based on his interview with chris simms, i feel pretty comfortable saying farley has the kind of attitude we need on this defense. he's very similar to how AJ is on offense- confident to the point of cocky, but still all about the work.

Agreed. Defense desperately needed some attitude and cockiness. Hell, even just some pride is nice lol.

• Like 1