2021 Draft Thread - Day #2 Talk

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, Totty said:

How is Nixon still on the board? 

I hope we can get him, Wilson, or Shelvin at some point.  Would help me lower my blood pressure.  Trading pick 121 sucks right now.  At least we got our FS.

6 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I'd be surprised if he didn't since the 3 players drafted are playing the key spots in his D. Single high, hybrid LB/S and LEO.

I was thinking Koonce would play the SLB role and Ngakoue the LEO.

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Leatherwood would have been there.... COME ON! 

you can’t run a draft in fear that a 2nd tier OT (when there are like 4+ similar rates players) won’t be there a few picks down.... when that few picks down is still Considered a reach for the guy you wanted.

and you know what.... If Leatherwood wasn’t there at 23 you take Darrisaw!

theres no and I mean Absolutely no rationalizing not trading back a little bit to still get AL.

Unless he was their guy. I'm not going to sit and act like any NFL club would pay me for my opinion on players. But Bill Walsh said once he didn't care if a guy was projected to go in the 7th. If he and his team valued them in 1 he was taking them in 1. You know why? Only takes one other team to think the same way. You guys trip me out. Thinking you know more than guys that get paid millions to.do the job. Its funny really. And np I don't know he would have been there. Darrisaw was taken at 23. How do you know that team didn't have Leqtherwood rated ahead of him? If he is gone how do you know what they had Darrisaw rated at? We could have taken Carmen there for all I know and you know. I get it. You are well versed in football. So am I. But I'll sig bet you anything you want that neither of us will be asked any time soon to mark up a board for the Raiders or anyone else. The worst part is I am having to defend a dude I didn't even want lol. All I was saying is you don't know if he would have been there. And you don't. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

“Rotational piece” could be used to describe literally any draft pick

Who would you have taken in the 3rd that would have come in and started. Depth is important and we need to be able to groom eventual starters. That’s been the Raiders problem, is taking these guys to the next level. 

4 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Who would you have taken in the 3rd that would have come in and started. Depth is important and we need to be able to groom eventual starters. That’s been the Raiders problem, is taking these guys to the next level. 

I’m just saying “rotational piece” is a worthless platitude because youd use it on any non kicker your team drafts lol

Edited by Turnobili

Interesting picks. One pundit said - Bradley needed to get faster on defense and that’s what they’ve done. 
Presumably Bradley had input in having them high on their board - so let’s see what they can do