NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

Also, after doing some more digging, this particular conference seems intended to be a business stimulus event - folks looking to profit off of the recent legislation. Not surprising for Rodgers to be on that train.

I stand by what I said above about legitimate scientific benefits, and the research that is being done to support it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Also, after doing some more digging, this particular conference seems intended to be a business stimulus event - folks looking to profit off of the recent legislation. Not surprising for Rodgers to be on that train.

I stand by what I said above about legitimate scientific benefits, and the research that is being done to support it.

There are absolutely real world benefits and applications. That said, Rodgers is still the wooooorrrst. 😊

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Brett Favre stole money from welfare recipients to build a volleyball facility. Yet, Aaron Rodgers is still so much more unlikable. 

Which says so much because of its truth.  While what Favre did is unsavory, the governor doing what he did is far worse in that scenario.  Favre asked/pleaded, the governor didn't have to do what he did.  That's on him moreso than Favre. 

Favre is no winner with a lot of his decisions in his personal life, but as far as his personality in football, Rodgers can and will never live up to that because his arrogance significantly overpowers any positives he may have in his personality (so much so that I'm not even sure there are any positives).  Favre certainly had arrogance, but his was more of a subdued arrogance. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 5

I am actually somewhat surprised that the Packers actually utilize more restructuring of contracts than the Vikings have done over the last 3 years.  If you read the article here, note that the Saints are not on the chart because, as expected, they are so unique in their usage and would be so far off to the right, they had to be cut off.  🤣

Former pro football player Ryan Mallett died in an apparent drowning in Florida on Tuesday, officials said.

Mallett, 35, was pronounced dead at a hospital after he was pulled unconscious from the water in Destin, the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office said.

The Arkansas school district where he worked as a head football coach confirmed his death in a statement Tuesday, and the NFL and Mallett's former teams shared condolences.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ex-nfl-player-ryan-mallett-dies-apparent-drowning-florida-beach-rcna91526

That's unfortunate...I recall several around here who really wanted the Vikings to draft him way back when (I was not one of them 😉).  Stuff like that is always tough to hear, especially when he was just starting on his second career. 

• Like 1