2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

The 33rd pick. Excuse me, youre right 5 picks is am absolute eternity.

This dude reminds me of some of the big USC WR's from back in the day who were big but nothing special athletically. They all bombed in the NFL. This guy doesn't seem special in any way other than contested catches. He has a lot of practice with those because he can't run away from anybody. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Thornton is a string bean but can fly.  Might be something to consider in the mid rounds depending on what they do early.  He's gotta add some weight though.  Big time wheels but he's built like a field goal upright.  

I think a guy with that speed and some production like his senior season might go a bit earlier than expected.

• Like 1

It may be the wrong move.....but if London and Burks were there for the taking....I think I'd want Burks.

Both are going to use their size/frame to box out DB's....and I think London may have the better hands of the two.....but Burks has that extra gear.

32 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

This dude reminds me of some of the big USC WR's from back in the day who were big but nothing special athletically. They all bombed in the NFL. This guy doesn't seem special in any way other than contested catches. He has a lot of practice with those because he can't run away from anybody. 

He reminds me Michael Williams (Chargers/Clemson).  His draft status wasn't really in question, but he needed to run a good 40.  At his pro day, he ran around a 4.5.  And went, I think in the top ten.  Maybe he was pick #7 that year.

If London cracks 4.5 in the 40, he's a top 15 pick.  

And while I may not "love" his tape, he absolutely fits what we want our WR's to do.  He's no Chase, Jefferson....etc, but he would be a welcome addition to our WR room.  Pair him with a speedy guy in round 2 or 3 and we have that position set for a while.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

He reminds me Michael Williams (Chargers/Clemson).  His draft status wasn't really in question, but he needed to run a good 40.  At his pro day, he ran around a 4.5.  And went, I think in the top ten.  Maybe he was pick #7 that year.

If London cracks 4.5 in the 40, he's a top 15 pick.  

And while I may not "love" his tape, he absolutely fits what we want our WR's to do.  He's no Chase, Jefferson....etc, but he would be a welcome addition to our WR room.  Pair him with a speedy guy in round 2 or 3 and we have that position set for a while.

IMO, if he run a slow 40, and he doesn't look fleet of foot, he's Alan Lazard 2.0. I don't want to spend a first on a guy splitting reps with Lazard. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

IMO, if he run a slow 40, and he doesn't look fleet of foot, he's Alan Lazard 2.0. I don't want to spend a first on a guy splitting reps with Lazard. 

He's not fleet of foot.  The question is if he has enough speed to function in the NFL.  Which Lazard does.

I see London as a "dirty" WR.  He's gonna use his body in the run game and the pass game.  He's gonna move sticks, but he is absolutely going to high point balls down the field.  

Guess what I'm saying is that I agree with you, I don't want to spend a first on a guy who isn't a blazer.  But I also won't complain, at all, if London falls to our pick.  Dude can flat out play football.  We can draft pure speed somewhere else in the draft if we solidify a chain mover and "dirty" WR early.

Lots of ways to build a WR in this draft.  The key is not reaching.  And London at #22 or #28 is not a reach at all.  Dude dominated college ball at a big program.

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

I think his Pro Day got moved to later this month, he apparantly tweeked something over the weekend. But I could be wrong cos I only heard that in passing. 

Frankly, the guy's injury history is already troubling and he hasn't even been drafted yet lol. 

9 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Not trying to dogpile you here at all, apologies if you feel that way, it is not my intent.

But Lazard is pretty critical to our offensive scheme.  When you see the nice runs happen, odds are they due in part to Lazard doing some dirty work in the run game.  

This offense really tries to disguise passing looks and running looks.  They try to mirror them all to look the same.  Lazard can get open in this offense and is highly productive when his number is called.

And he's been a steal on his current deal.

What's wrong with getting a better version of Lazard for the future?  Talking about London.  He may test like Lazard, but he plays better in college.  No reason to think that won't translate to the pro game.  When Lazard becomes "expensive", it would be nice to have someone on the roster to take over that role, on a rookie deal.

I think Spotrac has Lazard around $8M/year when this contract is done.  That probably goes up if he gets more opportunities in the passing game with 'Vante gone.

Just food for thought.