2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

1 hour ago, Sandy said:

I just think it's too deep of a TE class to go with one who lacked the college production of others. 3rd and 4th round should be ripe with lots of quality TEs based on every mock simulator I've done, give me someone like Otton, Rickert, Likely or Kolar before Woods.

Hopefully you understand that means absolutely nothing. What is your definition of a quality TE? Because there is a fair chance only one goes in the first 80 picks.   

Edited by R T

5 minutes ago, R T said:

Hopefully you understand that means absolutely nothing. What is your definition of a quality TE? Because there is a fair chance only one goes in the first 80 picks.    

Last year there were only 11 TE's drafted, but it was a better class then this year. Kyle Pitts went 4th overall, Freiermuth went 55th, 3 more in the 3rd, 2 more in the 4th, 4 more in the 5th. 

The 2020 class probably compares to this years and had 12 players drafted. Cole Kmet was taken 43rd overall, but the next TE wasn't taken until 91st overall. This year McBride probably gets drafted in Kmet's area with the next TE hearing his name somewhere near the end of the 3rd. 

This year may have a few more drafted, but most will be day 3 roster filler types. Not really my idea of quality.    

Edited by R T

5 hours ago, TheEagle said:

Have you watched film of this guy? He's not going anywhere near the 1st round.

I’m not advocating a first round pick on woods, but I’d bet he gets elected closer to the 1st round than the 4th.

5 hours ago, Sandy said:

I just think it's too deep of a TE class to go with one who lacked the college production of others. 3rd and 4th round should be ripe with lots of quality TEs based on every mock simulator I've done, give me someone like Otton, Rickert, Likely or Kolar before Woods.

That’s fair and Kolar is a draft crush of mine.

Woods production certainly should have been much better over his career. But it’s not like woods didn’t have any production at all. When he changed schools he caught 8 TDs and 600 yards in one season.

11 hours ago, LuckyIrish23 said:

Who is everyone’s draft crush? Mine is Jalen Petri, truly believe that he would complete our backfield and give Barry a true STAR that can provide run support and blitz. 

Get an EDGE rusher or pass rushing DL late in the 2nd and our defense will be amazing. 

I have a few this year: 

George Pickens

Skyy Moore

Perrion WInfrey 

6 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Not sure it was already reported regarding Adam Anderson, the judge denied his request to dismiss the case.

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/judge-denies-uga-football-adam-anderson-request-to-dismiss-rape-charge

I know nothing about American law but I feel for the guy on the level that this is more than 5 months after his arrest and the proseuction has yet to indict him. 

I believe the prosecutors think he did it but they don't have enough evidence to make the case. Not sure how it plays out but it wouldn't surprise me if a team took a flyer on him late in the draft. 

Reports are he's been working in preparation for the draft. He's been acting like an innocent man and until proven otherwise, in this country that is what is to be presumed. 

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

I’m not advocating a first round pick on woods, but I’d bet he gets elected closer to the 1st round than the 4th.

That’s fair and Kolar is a draft crush of mine.

Woods production certainly should have been much better over his career. But it’s not like woods didn’t have any production at all. When he changed schools he caught 8 TDs and 600 yards in one season.

I do agree he should be on the radar, and there's a good bet he's on our FOs radar too. But I think there's too many poorly run teams that will fall in love with his metrics and take him way too early compared to some of his peers amongst quality TEs. Wouldn't be surprised if he went in the second or early third round, and I feel like Gute wouldn't move on him until the 4th. Of course, I could be totally wrong and we might jump on him earlier than most are thinking.

It's a deep draft at TE, wouldnt be shocked to see one of the quality ones fall our way by pick 140.

Players like Wyatt and Raimann are on the doorstep of 30 at the end of their first contract if they're 1st rounders and they pan out. And then contract #2 is the one with the real big money. The Packers have a pretty set pattern of making few exceptions when it comes to giving out huge 3rd contracts and huge money to players in their 30's. Those two guys would threaten the rule on the latter. Drafting a 21-22 year old in round 1 means the player is 26-27 when it comes time for that magical 2nd contract. It also happens to line up with their physical prime. Can't see the Packers using a 1st on Wyatt or Raimann. I suppose there's always the possibility they break their mold since they're in win now mode and have two firsts, but I doubt it.

Edited by Mr Anonymous
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Oh yeah, didn't realize Raimann was a geezer. We won't take him.

I'll just lay all of them out here in one post, prospects that have been linked to GB in rounds 1 or 2 that are a bit older (and thus may not actually be high on our board):

Christian Watson (22.95) ; Trevor Penning (22.95) ; Bernard Raimann (24.60) ; Abraham Lucas (23.50) ; Jermaine Johnson (23.30) ; Boye Mafe (23.40) ; Devonte Wyatt (24.10) ; Phidarian Mathis (24.00) ; Jaquan Brisker (23.05)

• Like 4

Daniel Jeremiah -  When you see the cost of QB's & WR's on the open market, it makes drafting in 1st rd & gaining 5 yrs of control very enticing. If the grades are close, teams are going to lean in that direction.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I'll just lay all of them out here in one post, prospects that have been linked to GB in rounds 1 or 2 that are a bit older (and thus may not actually be high on our board):

Christian Watson (22.95) ; Trevor Penning (22.95) ; Bernard Raimann (24.60) ; Abraham Lucas (23.50) ; Jermaine Johnson (23.30) ; Boye Mafe (23.40) ; Devonte Wyatt (24.10) ; Phidarian Mathis (24.00) ; Jaquan Brisker (23.05)

Wow, didn't realize this for Penning, Lucas or Brisker. They had all spent time in my "favorite players" list for awhile but I don't like bringing in players that were literally men amongst boys.

Non-Power Conference Mock Draft

22: R1 P22 OT Bernhard Raimann - Central Michigan

28: R1 P28 WR Christian Watson - NDSU

53: R2 P21 WR Alec Pierce - Cincinnati

59: R2 P27 DL Travis Jones - UConn

92: R3 P28 LB Chad Muma - Wyoming

132: R4 P27 RB Pierre Strong Jr. - South Dakota State

140: R4 P35 G Luke Goedeke - Central Michigan

171: R5 P28 G Chris Paul - Tulsa

228: R7 P7 DL CJ Wright - Georgia Southern

249: R7 P28 TE Cole Turner - Nevada

258: R7 P37 EDGE Brayden Thomas - NDSU