2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

15 hours ago, Haha21 said:

Pickens is probably the player I want us to grab the most. He is extremely underrated in the draft because he is coming back from ACL. Prior to his injury he looked like one of the best WR in college football and I believe he would be in the discussion to be the first WR drafted if not for the injury. He reminds me of AJ Green, another Georgia Bulldog. 

I guess I saw Green as a can't miss kind of prospect.

Whereas Pickens is a classic "boom or bust" kind of prospect.  Given his injuries and productivity, ideally he is a mid to late second round pick.

While I'm on board with him in round one (because I crave a WR with his traits), I have little doubt that there will be better, more productive players on the board where we are picking.

12 hours ago, hitnhope said:

Think Dotson is too small?   Something else?  

I like him as much or more than Olave.  Seems tougher on tape then Olave

He breaks more tackles, for sure.  My house cats break about as many tackles as Olave.

But....let's just get both of them!

7 hours ago, Green19 said:

And 20 bucks says some WR in this class becomes amazing… not in year one but 5 years from now I’m willing to bet a dude is considered top 5 in the league at the position.

I'll take that bet.

Chase, Waddle, Samuel, Metcalf, McLaurin, Brown, Jefferson

These are all young guys who will be at their prime (like Adams) in 5 years.  And there are a host of others a tier below as well.  

The one that I think could crack in there is Williams.  He's got that rare height / speed going on with him.

But, the others can all be very solid and you can win with them.  But yah, I'll take the field to be top 5 in 5 years.  You can have this draft class against the field.

Calvin Ridley plays in any offense.  He played in the 180's.   He was becoming a real star for Atlanta before stepping away--  90  1374 9tds in 2020.  Guys don't have to be move blockers like Allen Lazard to play if they have enough willingness to be in the way and create gaps.  Emmanuel Sanders, Tyler Lockett can play and be very effective in our offense as boundary players.   Not everyone needs to be a 210# monster to play.    Olave, Wilson, Williams, Dotson can play in any offense

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

Calvin Ridley plays in any offense.  He played in the 180's.   He was becoming a real star for Atlanta before stepping away--  90  1374 9tds in 2020.  Guys don't have to be move blockers like Allen Lazard to play if they have enough willingness to be in the way and create gaps.  Emmanuel Sanders, Tyler Lockett can play and be very effective in our offense as boundary players.   Not everyone needs to be a 210# monster to play.    Olave, Wilson, Williams, Dotson can play in any offense

Don't agree with that, Ridley hasn't proven he can play in any offense, he has played in one offense in Atlanta. The Falcons offense is not MLF's offense. 

38 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

Guys don't have to be move blockers like Allen Lazard to play if they have enough willingness to be in the way and create gaps

I heard one guy on TV call it  " losing slowly"
You don't have to move guys, but you can't let them get an immediate win either

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Leader said:

“Power is strength in motion. Jordan Davis is not powerful. He does not move people, he controls an area” 

Greg Cosell

Agree, he's a dancing bear.  You need to clog the middle he's your guy.  Looking for a pass rush?,  look elsewhere.

Peter finally catching on. For what the Packers need from a safety, I might take Pitre OVER Dax Hill. Hill is probably the better overall player in terms of CB skills, but Pitre is the better safety, especially near the LOS. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Peter finally catching on. For what the Packers need from a safety, I might take Pitre OVER Dax Hill. Hill is probably the better overall player in terms of CB skills, but Pitre is the better safety, especially near the LOS. 

Ooh, bad take.  Pitre is not 200#'s or 6' tall.  Don't hit those measurements he can't possibly play physical enough to play on OUR team.     #sarcasm