2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

Just a couple of thoughts. 

I have been real high on the Packers WR size thing.  But...

They did bring in Tavon Austin for a season.  He is listed at 5'8 179.  He didn't do a lot, got injured, go figure, and he wasn't a draft pick.  But we did bring him on board.  

Looking at Skyy Moore, listed at 5'10 195.  How big was Greg Jennings at the time of the draft? NFL.com has Jennings at 6'0 198, I have seen 5'11 listed from combine sites.  It seems that Jennings hovered around the 200 pound mark.  Point is, I don't see a whole lot of difference between the two size wise.  

10 hours ago, Green19 said:

I think GB is highest on London and Pierce. The third is a toss up between Watson, Burks and Pickens. This is why I have mentioned I wouldn’t be surprised if Pierce is their guy at 28. He screams Packer and is very similar to Jordy. And Jordy was taken as a high second… so a late first isn’t crazy for that type of prospect.

Better question is would GB be willing to trade up to secure London? Say trade 22 and a fourth to get in the more likely range. I wonder if any guy is worth it to them. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Gute move up with one of their first round picks and a later pick.  You have a Rodgers window you are trying to fill.  It's no time to sit back.  Dont reach,, but go up and get whoever it is they like.  JMO.

Edited by NFLGURU

2 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Gute move up with one of their first round picks and a later pick.  You have a Rodgers window you are trying to fill.  It's no time to sit back.  Go up and get whoever it is they like.  JMO.

Oh I have no doubt Gute would move up for a guy he likes… I just curious if he likes any one WR in this draft enough to do it.

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Oh I have no doubt Gute would move up for a guy he likes… I just curious if he likes any one WR in this draft enough to do it.

Agree, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a WR.  

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Yeah plus sitting at 22 is one of those weird spots in any draft. Most people say there's only about 20 first ground grades in this draft, so if you want a first rounder you almost have to trade up a little.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Yeah plus sitting at 22 is one of those weird spots in any draft. Most people say there's only about 20 first ground grades in this draft, so if you want a first rounder you almost have to trade up a little.

That's his DNA, he will trade up from 22. You can bet the house payment on it. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

They did bring in Tavon Austin for a season.  He is listed at 5'8 179.  He didn't do a lot, got injured, go figure, and he wasn't a draft pick.  But we did bring him on board.  

Looking at Skyy Moore, listed at 5'10 195.  How big was Greg Jennings at the time of the draft? NFL.com has Jennings at 6'0 198, I have seen 5'11 listed from combine sites.  It seems that Jennings hovered around the 200 pound mark.  Point is, I don't see a whole lot of difference between the two size wise.  

I've tried to will Skyy Moore to be Jennings because they are both from Western Michigan, but I just can't get there. In post career evaluation one of the things that showed on the field with Jennings was his 6.69 3-cone time and how it played with him in-and-out of his breaks. Jennings measured 5'11.2"/197 at the combine by the way. Moore's 3-cone was 7.13, that is just night and day different. Moore measured 5'9.5"/195 at the combine. I think Moore is going to be a good player in the NFL because his college play says so, but 5'9.5" and 7.13 3-cone are hard to ignore also. 

And yes, they brought Austin but as you noted they didn't spend high draft capital to do it. Big difference there. 

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Does anyone remember when Jennings was a free agent and someone on NFL.com linked his photo on the FA page to the Short People song? That was classic. 

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Kindda late to the party with that WR info.  We've known that for a while.  The strength of this WR class is depth, not the top.

McGinn just came out with his stuff, so you couldn't have known that for a while. Don't understand why people rip on those that bring information here, rather than just posting senseless babble.  

Edited by R T

13 minutes ago, R T said:

I've tried to will Skyy Moore to be Jennings because they are both from Western Michigan, but I just can't get there. In post career evaluation one of the things that showed on the field with Jennings was his 6.69 3-cone time and how it played with him in-and-out of his breaks. Jennings measured 5'11.2"/197 at the combine by the way. Moore's 3-cone was 7.13, that is just night and day different. Moore measured 5'9.5"/195 at the combine. I think Moore is going to be a good player in the NFL because his college play says so, but 5'9.5" and 7.13 3-cone are hard to ignore also. 

And yes, they brought Austin but as you noted they didn't spend high draft capital to do it. Big difference there. 

And as much was made from Moore's workouts, Jennings jumped better than Moore as well.  Moore has bigger hands, and a slightly higher top end speed.

I feel like Moore is Jennings as Dotson is Sinorice Moss, if you smell what I'm cooking.  Someone is going to take Dotson instead of Moore and be disappointed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, R T said:

McGinn just came out with his stuff, so you couldn't have known that for a while. Don't understand why people ripe on those that bring information here, rather than just posting senseless babble.  

Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, R T said:

McGinn just came out with his stuff, so you couldn't have known that for a while. Don't understand why people rip on those that bring information here, rather than just posting senseless babble.  

Wait.  Are you saying that no one else in the draft think community figured out that there is no alpha in this class?  And that the strength of the WR group is in it's depth, not the top end Chase type prospect?

I got into the WR's right about when 'Vante was traded.  It was everywhere, and very easy to see.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

And as much was made from Moore's workouts, Jennings jumped better than Moore as well.  Moore has bigger hands, and a slightly higher top end speed.

I feel like Moore is Jennings as Dotson is Sinorice Moss, if you smell what I'm cooking.  Someone is going to take Dotson instead of Moore and be disappointed.

I kind of expecting Moore to get drafted ahead of Dotson, wouldn't wager much on that though. Lol

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Wait.  Are you saying that no one else in the draft think community figured out that there is no alpha in this class?  And that the strength of the WR group is in it's depth, not the top end Chase type prospect?

I got into the WR's right about when 'Vante was traded.  It was everywhere, and very easy to see.

I'm saying it was another source of information that was shared, whether it confirms what you and others already believed or not. Whether it is something brought here from PFF, Peter King, Chris Simms, one of the Packer writers, McGinn or whoever it is just more information and each one of us can do what we want with it. Information should be welcomed. There is no need to try and run those people off and dumb this place down any more than it already is.  

• Like 1