2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Just going quickly through Shakir's game.  Dotson looks smoother.  Not saying that Shakir isn't smooth, just feel Dotson is more smooth in his movements.  Plus, while I think Dotson is a natural fit in the slot, I think he can play some boundary.  I don't really have that same vibe with Shakir who looks like a slot-only type.  Shakir seems like a value pick.

I think this illustrates the beauty of amateur scouting. You saw Dotson being smoother. I thought he rounds off his routes a little more. You saw Shakir being slot only while Dotson has some boundary potential. I thought Dotson was slot only and that Shakir had some boundary potential because of his slightly larger frame and ability on contested balls. 

I'd kill to spend a year or so listening to the guys who really know what they are talking about and get paid to do this nitpicking these tiny differences.

Long story short is both look similar enough to me that I don't see the ~two round difference between these guys based off "my expert opinion" and my "high quality youtube highlights and game footage" but I don't really have a horse in this race enough to pound the table for or against either or overestimate my opinion enough to think it really matters. 

The only other WR I think I'm significantly higher or lower on in this draft is Tyquan Thornton. He's so much more than just an elite speed guy in my eyes. I think he's accurately ranked if he was a mid 4.4 guy but he's going to be the fastest guy on the field by quite a bit on 99% of his snaps. I'm a sucker for elite traits though. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

George Pickens.  6'3" 200lbs.  The ONLY hole in his game is the injury. If not for the injury he would be #1.  Total package. 

Is he expected to be ready by training camp? Dont know how long ago he was injured.

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He played in the playoff games so he's good to go assuming he checks out medically after ACL in spring. 

Good. So it wasnt some Bowl Game's thing - putting him out till who knows when.

Ben Fennell -   Wouldn't shock me in the least to see Calvin Austin, Wan'Dale Robinson, Khalil Shakir go off the board before Round 3 ends.

'Dynamic, Versatile, Explosive' offensive WEAPONS.. Not even sure we can just call them 'WRs'

Just now, Leader said:

If he's the guy...then dont piss around. Take him at 22 (if he gets there :))

Again, depends on the board, as always. If someone like Jermaine Johnson or Jordan Davis slip, I'm not taking Pickens over them and neither are we.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Again, depends on the board, as always. If someone like Jermaine Johnson or Jordan Davis slip, I'm not taking Pickens over them and neither are we.

Probably not - hence my not wasting time on researching & rating these guys with any specificity. Odds on GB actually selecting them (?) - while not quite "slim to none" - small enough that my time is better spent elsewhere. I just want the best we can get for this position. The time has arrived.