2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

Just now, packfanfb said:

Ha, maybe they do who knows. I think there have been questions asked about it before, even to Gute, but not sure. Either way, I'm sure they are using metrics that are similar because there's an obvious trend there. 

The trend of drafting good athletes to play an athletic sport. 

We're like so ahead of the curve guys. 

• Like 2

thanks for the info @Sandy

You (Leader) mentioned that you liked Burks, here is a counter-view (scroll down to his name).

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2954759-top-2022-nfl-draft-prospects-falling-down-boards

Also, like a lot of bigger guys his route running isn't very precise and he played a lot of time out of the slot. While the Packers could do with a good slot guy, what they really need to invest in is an outside WR. Still, you like who you like and I've liked some guys with holes in their game too (in fact most later picks are in that category).

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

The trend of drafting good athletes to play an athletic sport. 

We're like so ahead of the curve guys. 

It's Gute's way. Even I don't fully agree sometimes, but that's the reality. He'll probably look at guys like Watson and Pickens and salivate because of their athletic scores, even though I think a guy like Olave is the better "wide receiver" on the field. Even Burks beats out Watson there, maybe Pickens too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

It's Gute's way. Even I don't fully agree sometimes, but that's the reality. He'll probably look at guys like Watson and Pickens and salivate because of their athletic scores, even though I think a guy like Olave is the better "wide receiver" on the field. Even Burks beats out Watson there, maybe Pickens too. 

Burks getting docked for that so-so 40 time if going to put him in our laps on draft night.  When you watch the games .. this guy doesn't get caught from behind.  He's got what they call football speed on game days ;).

Edited by {Family Ghost}

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Idk where I land on this anymore or how much truth there is.

Sometimes it just makes it feel like this is what we always do after the fact and make it look like it's what we're all about.

If that makes any sense

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Burks getting docked for that so-so 40 time if going to put him in our laps on draft night.  When you watch the games .. this guy doesn't get caught from behind.  He's got what they call football speed on game days ;).

I definitely won't throw the remote if we draft Burks. 

Just now, incognito_man said:

I've been noticing the extra sass lately.

I'm here for it

I've been awful mouthy IRL lately too. I don't know where it's coming from but it cracks me up so I'll roll with it for a while.

• Like 3